News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Review: Werewolf Bound by MaryLynn Bast


Title: Werewolf Bound **Adam's Tale**
Series: Heart of a Wolf
Author: MaryLynn Bast
Published: July 2012 Werewolf Tails Publishing
Format: Ebook provided by author for review

Adam Channing knows the rules…during the Full Moon Phase— DON’T GO IN THE WOODS. 

Yet, he can’t ignore the call of a young female werewolf Patricia DuFur. He knows it’s against pack rules, but can’t resist the temptation and faces the consequences when her three brothers attack and leave him to die.


With Blake as a friend, he is well on his way to learning the ways of being a werewolf. Adams is constantly in a state of change when he receives the gift of “Seer”. His life takes on a whole new meaning out in the forest.

This story starts with Adam being attacked by some wolves.  He is human and left for dead, until Blake bites him and changes him.  Blake takes care of him and brings him back to proper health.  I found the beginning of this story very exciting.  I loved the whole storyline of a human who knows about wolves then being changed into one out of necessity.  The fight was dramatic and full of action, and that’s what I love to see. 

And then Adam begins his first shift, and I was completely enthralled.  Really, the whole story for me could have revolved around that little bit.  The detail was fabulous.  It’s not a shift where you are suddenly a wolf, no, it’s a shift where every little bit hurts.  Just like I would think it would. There is definite pain, and when its complete, there is definite freedom.  I really loved this whole section, and how the author didn’t gloss over this momentous occasion in Adam’s life.

Blake begins to educate Adam a bit more on wolves now that he is one.  He explains heartofawolf.com and how it shows the region leaders and maps.  I just love when authors bring an actual website into a story, it gives such an added depth. I find it really exciting.

As the story moved on I was still quite interested, but it felt like there were a couple gaps in the storyline.  I would love to see this fleshed out a bit more, because a few things just felt out of place to me.  I love the whole Amber storyline and I hope to find out more about her as the series continues on.  She seems like a very interesting character and I just know there is a story there.

But then a little too quickly that part is over, and Seriana enters.  Honestly, I am not sure how I feel about her addition.  I think I would have to read more of the series to see how it plays out, but currently it just felt a little out of place to me. 

Overall I really enjoyed this story, even if some parts felt a bit rushed.  Like I said, the detail of some things was just superb and I would purchase the book for those parts alone.  I really enjoyed Adam and Blake, and I felt that had really good chemistry together.  This is the second story I’ve read from MaryLynn Bast, and again, I am not disappointed. If you like shifter stories, I think this series is definitely one to keep an eye on.  I have a feeling there are some good surprises in store!


Follow MaryLynn