News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Review: Blood Seductions by Celeste Hall


Title: Blood Seductions: Gavin
Author: Celeste Hall
Published: May 2012
Format: Ebook provided by Sizzling PR

Beware of dark desire… When a vampire falls in love with a human, there is more at risk than a broken heart. How do you protect the one you love from becoming the thing she fears most in the world? How do you share your life with someone knowing fully well that your blood carries a virus which could destroy her?






So this book is a continuation of the Dream Seduction series, but seen through the eyes of a vampire, Gavin. Honestly, I have not finished reading this book yet.  I kept picking the book up and putting it back down.  I felt really lost without having read the other part of the Dream Seduction series.  I'm not sure if this book is supposed to be standalone, but it definitely didn't feel that way to me.  I was getting very confused.

Now on the plus side, there does seem to be a really interesting world being built here.  There are vampires and a lot of incubi - and who doesn't love them?  Celeste Hall's incubi have giant wings, and she often compares them to gargoyles.  If the rest of the Dream Seduction series is more focused on them, I think I will try it out.

Apparently there is a man named Adam who is a super blood (which I didn't get an answer to what that meant, in as far as I read)... But there didn't seem to be too much information given about him.  He is being hunted, and he is spawning newborns all over the area.  Gavin is military, Lieutenant Commander, actually.  And he is heading up a task force to hunt Adam and take him down.  I think...

The few scenes I read with Gavin were pretty good.  He seems like an interesting vampire, but not as interesting as the incubi around him.  But I don't know much about them either, so I was just lost all over the place.

I will pick this book up to finish it, but I don't think I will do it without reading some of the others that are more focused on the incubi.