News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Spotlight on Besotted by Jacqueline Gardner

Besotted
Jacqueline Gardner
(Thoughtless #2)

After narrowly escaping the serial killer out to steal her soul, Bridget dreams of a drama-free Junior year at Hartfield Manor. But going to school with other teenage mind-readers is beyond complicated. The headmaster greets Bridget with an alarming warning, the Coven is plotting something sinister, and Bridget's caught the eye of the hottest guy at Hartfield. Suddenly one psychotic soul-sucker doesn't seem like such a big deal. 


And then there's her ex-boyfriend Terrence. Bars aren't enough to keep him away.

Hey everyone!  Today I'm very happy to have Jacqueline Gardner back to Fictional Candy!  In case you don't remember, she was here back in March with her book, Thoughtless.  And of course, you can still get Thoughtless for free on Smashwords, Amazon, and Barnes & Noble!  

**************
Excerpt
**************


Chapter Four - Caught

I curiously opened an eye to a cloud of hot steam. As I breathed in and out, the warm fog of my breath surrounded my face while my arms filled with goose bumps. My dorm was freezing. My teeth chattered as I slowly raised my head, squinting towards the window. I could have sworn I'd left it shut before bedtime. The rusty latch was secure, holding the window in place. My teeth chattered again.
I reached for my covers and pulled them closer to my neck. My eyes shifted around the darkened room. All my things were still in a suitcase near the closet and my desk was free of clutter, though soon it would be a mess of papers.
"Charming," came a voice from the end of my bed. My muscles tensed as my chest suddenly froze. That voice. It drove me insane. Still shivering, I carefully twisted my head so I could see the source of that bone-chilling comment.
"You," I whispered. Terrence chuckled sitting next to my feet, calmly resting as if he were an expected guest. The scar on my chest prickled. The last time I'd seen his face he had tried to kill me.
"I meant your dorm of course, but I can't disagree. I am rather charming as well." His baby blue eyes lit up as he eyed the shape of my body underneath the bed sheets.
"Get OUT." The words soared out of my mouth. I glanced at the blade sitting on my nightstand.
"Blokes don't like it when you bark orders, Bridget." He clasped his hands in his lap with an even wider smirk on his face,
"You're giving me relationship advice?" I responded.
"That beefy lad," Terrence continued. "He's not right for you."
"You mean Caleb?"
"Aw," he laughed. "So you do like him." The prickling moved to my cheeks. Beads of sweat formed on my forehead as my heart thudded against my ribcage.
"I don't see why that's your concern," I replied. Out of the corner of my eye, my knife shook on the nightstand. I needed it . . . in Terrence's chest. Immediately. But Terrence knew how to rile me up so I couldn't concentrate.
"Sorry Bri, I'm afraid I can't allow it." He sniggered, watching my cheeks turn bright red.
"Allow what?" I argued. "I could care less what you think."
"I disagree," he responded. "You care. You think about me night and day." His blond hair gleamed as he leaned forward, resting his forearm near my calf.
"Bull," I lied.
"Don't try and hide it," he beamed, pointing to his forehead. "I know for a fact that you thought about me eleven times today."
"Well I guess if you're counting all the times I've wished you were dead . . . add like a thousand to that."
"Just admit it," he chuckled. "You miss me."

**************
Buy Besotted
Smashwords
Amazon
Barnes & Noble



Jacqueline Gardner works as a Story Editor for the production company, Labragirl Pictures.  Her love of storytelling began at an early age when she would make up stories with her grandmother before bedtime.  In early 2010, she completed her first novel and has been stuck on writing ever since.  She resides in Colorado and loves hiking, writing, fantasy fiction, and all things cupcake.     



FIND JACQUELINE ONLINE!TWITTERWEBSITEFACEBOOK