News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Review: Blood Betrayed by Gabrielle Bisset (My letter to Vasilije)


Title: Blood Betrayed
Series: Sons of Navarus #2
Author: Gabrielle Bisset
Published: May 2012
Format: Ebook provided by author for review

I am everything forbidden. I am a haunted creature.I am darkness and shadow.I am vampire.

I am everything forbidden. I am vampire. 

Haunted by betrayal, Saint hides in the human world, giving his heart to no one and finding the only solace from his past in the arms of human women. Now as the Archons begin their takeover of the vampire world, this Son of Navarus has been marked for death. 

Summoned to defeat the Archons by the world that shunned him, Saint must face his past and Solenne, the woman he loved and lost a century ago, for only in accepting her will his body and soul finally find salvation.

My Dearest Vasilije,

Sweetheart, you stole my heart right from the start.  Dare I say, you had me at “hello”  Your bravery, strength, and power initially attracted me…but it was your heart and your passion that won me over.  You are so wise and intelligent, I can’t really say there is anything about you that I don’t adore.  Dark, mysterious…Romanian.  You have been the vampire of my dreams.  And for our time together… my darling, I can do nothing but thank you.

But my love, Vasilije, I have found another.  Yes, yes its true.  His name is Declan.  Yes, that Declan.  I know you are more accustomed to calling him Saint, and trust me, I do it myself from time to time.  But darling Vasilije, I’ve fallen in love with Declan and I fear that I can not love another…not while I love Declan, anyhow.

I understand you’d rather I call him Saint, I know it hurts you to know I have so quickly grown so familiar with him.  Saint it shall be.  Saint is strong and honorable.  I know you don’t want to hear the reasons I love him so, but I must tell you – I don’t want you to think our emotions together were in vain.  Saint, he sets my heart aflame. Did you know that it has been a hundred years since he’s known the love of another vampire?  Yes, I know it was out of respect for the one he loved.  But that only makes me love him more!  To show such will power, such love, such… stamina of character; he is truly a man, nay! A vampire to love.  And then when the Archons targeted him he did not shrink away, but rose to the occasion!  *sigh*  He excites me with his stubborn streak, his hidden side.  I have no choice but to run to his side as fast as I possibly can! And while it is impossible to know who to trust in this day and age, when everyone seems to have cause to be against you – Saint, my Declan, he can count on me to be true.  Yes, I know he has secrets - but don't we all?  Well, just in this volume of the Sons of Navarus series alone we learn volumes about several people!  I know that things aren't always as they seem, and my Saint knows this too...now.  Everything that happened was just as much a shock to me as it was to you, darling Vasilije.  But Saint is strong, he can overcome anything. That is what I admire about him so much, the self punishment he put himself through just shows how big his heart really is.

Vasilije, I hope that you can forgive me for my fickle heart.  There will always be a place for you within its chambers.

Truly, Madly,
Fictional Candy



Ok, now for the “proper” review.  I just thought I’d have a little fun up there! 

Blood Betrayed is the second book in the Sons of Navarus series. Just as I hope with any series, there was no steam lost.  Gabrielle really did a wonderful job with Saint and Solenne.

Saint is a one hundred year old vampire, and the brother of Teagan who was murdered in Blood Avenged.  His actual name is Declan, but he’s sort of earned the nickname of Saint because after a hearing before a previous Archon and his subsequent shunning, he kept to himself for the next hundred years.  That means no sex with a vampire female, only humans.  Truly an interesting twist!  And then when the secrets start coming out about why he made those decisions, they were a bit heart melting!

This book is full of secrets.  It seems that everyone has got them!  Solenne, who has promised to help protect Saint while he is in “hiding” from the Archon’s assassins has kind of gone undercover to try to get information on who the Archon is sending in to kill Saint.  This is so dangerous!!  I just wanted to shake her and ask her “What the heck are you doing?!?”  But Solenne is not some fledgling little vampire.  The woman is strong and very capable of taking care of herself.  I truly enjoyed getting to know her as a character.

We got to meet a few more vampires in this series, like Dante and Terek.  And we got to see a bit of Vasilije, which is always nice.  I know I’m practically throwing Vasilije away for Saint… but if I could have my way, I’d keep them both locked up in my dungeon!  Those two guys are so very different in every way.  It really made learning about Saint and his story a lot of fun.

There are some really shocking things to happen in this story!  I was really on the edge of my seat when some of the big secrets came out! Things happened in this book that I never expected.  I think that is truly wonderful that Gabrielle Bisset can write a story so perfectly that she can throw a curve ball at you, make it completely real and believable and surprise the heck out of you at the same time!

I don’t want to give up too much of this story.  Suffice it to say that Saint is hot.  He is a man who is deeper than the ocean, and his level of self-sacrifice is just so commendable.  When a woman falls in love, its this undying devotion that Saint has that we all hope for.  So what are you waiting for? Start reading!!  



Find Gabrielle:
Gabrielle Bisset”=

Previously Reviewed Books: