News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Monday, July 29, 2013

Review: Awkward Holidays by Kallysten

Title: Awkward Holidays
Series: Ward of the Vampire, Book 3
Author: Kallysten
Published: July 2013
Format: Ebook received for review

Trapped in the Ward mansion with a reluctant and standoffish host – a vampire she should be afraid of but can’t help being attracted to – Angelina is preparing herself for grim, lonely holidays.

When her parents unexpectedly decide to visit, the situation, far from improving, only grows more complicated. They look forward to visiting New York with her, but how can she explain that she’s unable to leave the mansion? For that matter, what will they say when they realize she lives with a millionaire?

A hastily concocted excuse smoothes things over, but now Angelina finds herself having to work closely with Morgan Ward. It wouldn’t be so bad if Morgan was as pleasant to her as he is to her parents, but his mercurial moods leave her confused and frustrated. It doesn’t help that he seems no closer to finding a way for her to leave his house.

The New Year brings change with a startling kiss and an even more surprising guest… or is it more of the same?


Ok, here we are – third installment in the Ward of The Vampire series. Kallysten – you are positively killing me!! As much as the excitement of waiting for the next edition to appear is, it’s also just killing me to make me wait!



Angelina – she is still stuck in the mansion. Although personally, I wouldn’t consider it stuck, that’s for sure! Morgan Ward still doesn’t seem to be warming up to her. But there is a lot of exciting things that happen in this installment! Angelina’s parents come to visit! Like how in the Hell do you work around that? Their whole visit was pretty interesting, to say the least. But for me, I really want to get to the heart of the matter – Morgan and Angelina. I love to see their scenes together, the uncomfortable tone, the smart ass comebacks, the subtle flirting. Every time it brings us closer to what I hope is inevitable – an actual physical encounter!

We also get a little bit deeper into the matter of why Delilah has trapped Angelina there with Morgan. That in itself turns into quite a scary situation. Spoiler free review here – read it for yourself before I become Captain Vague.

Angelina seems to be changing, and of course she is. How could she not? She is growing more bold, but a little less quirky, it seems. I’m kind of missing that conspiratorial tone she had in the beginning, but I am loving her new attitude. Morgan seems to be more distant, and that is pissing me off. That damned stubborn man!! And seriously – the mind tricks? If I was there I would have to kick him in the shin… or something. (wink wink)

At one point, my high heels fell off my feet, first one then the other.  Moments later, without breaking his rhythm, he climbed onto the table, letting my legs fall to wrap around his waist, lowering himself over me so he could kiss my mouth, neck, and breasts; his hips never, ever slowed down. My hands vainly clutched at the smooth table at first, then clasped his shoulders, then his forearms. My fingers tangled in his hair again, tugged his shirt open so I could feel the rippling muscles of his chest.

I loved this installment, and I can’t wait for the next one. The sex is hot, the inevitable combustion is coming. I can’t wait!! Have you hopped on board yet?? And by the way – the black and white covers with the pops of red? Totally love them!!