News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Monday, July 29, 2013

Quote-Tastic - In Flames (Jessica Jayne)


I'm a little late with today's post - but better late than never! I've been moving this week, and my reading has fallen behind - which left me without many quotes to choose from! But last night I started reading In Flames by Jessica Jayne, and I'm burning through it like nothing.  Fabulous story with all kinds of conflicting emotions, and lots of HOT sex.  I mean HOT.  Whew!  Good thing the hero is a firefighter, cause I'm gonna need to be hosed off!


Oh wait - a little about Quote-Tastic!  It was created by Anna at Herding Cats & Burning Soup as a way for us all to share our favorite quotes from books!  Everyone is welcome, authors, bloggers, and readers.  If you don't have a blog, feel welcome to post your quote in the comments.  And if you do a post for it, make sure you grab the linky code to add to your own site :) 

Now, on to my quote.  It's self explanatory.  And after you spend an hour looking at the cover, you can read it ;)  It's a little bit of a long one this week, but sometimes you need it just a bit bigger.  Ahem...

"Gracelyn, we can't do this," he said softly.

"I'm going to make sure you have a hard time not doing this," she said.  She pulled her hand free of his grip and ran her hand down the front of his t-shirt over his muscled chest and chiseled abs.  Her hand continued to travel down over the button of his cargo pants before Matt grabbed her hand again.

"You are going to be the death of me, " he breathed.  He had both of her wrists in his hands and he brought them to his lips and kissed them softly.

"Gracey, we cannot be together.  And sneaking around having a secret relationship will only hurt both of us.  I know this is hard.  It is killing me.  For Christ's sake, if Time hadn't called out about breakfast, things would most certainly have crossed a line again.  I may have taken you right here... against the fire garage wall... in broad daylight.  I can't think straight when I'm in your presence. I just want to touch you... kiss you... fuck you.  But I need you to give me some time to work through these feelings." He kissed the back of both her hands again.

"Take all the time you need," Gracelyn said.  "But know this, you want US as much as I do.  I see it in your eyes.  And I definitely feel it in your kiss."

In Flames - Amazon