News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Monday, July 15, 2013

Quote-Tastic: Enemy Within


Monday! You know what that means!! Time for Quote-Tastic!

Herding Cats & Burning Soup created this future to share our favorite quotes and passages from the books we love.  She's completely awesome for that!

So this week I am sharing a quote from.... Enemy Within!!!  This book was written by Angeline Kace. It's book two in the Vampire Born series.  I recently read it (and reviewed!) and gave it a 5 star rating.  


This scene in particular takes place when Brooke goes back to school...with Mirko and some other Zao Duhs for protection.  Well, while she is there she runs into her ex-boyfriend's ex-girlfriend who is a bitch and a half.  Well, now Brooke is beginning to change and stand up for herself, and this scene totally made me want to fist bump her... in a non douchey way. 


"Who do you think you are?  You know nothing about me, Jaren, or the new guy."

She snickers.  "What?  Did you think I'd be outside of the loop?  Word on the street is that you're juggling both of them."  She raises her eyebrow at me in challenge.  "And the new guy looks like a lot of fun."

I'll kill her if she as much as looks at Mirko.

I take a step closer to her.  "You might be pretty and think you own this town.  But number one, you made your move and Jaren still chose me.  Number two, you're a nobody.  I could crush you right now without even trying.  You need to start thinking before you open your mouth and let out the putrid air bottled up in there." I tap her on her head and shover her aside as I make my way to the bathroom.

Within moments, my guilt has turned into fury.

I have to get away from her and calm down before I do something regrettable.




Fine Angeline Online 
Website 
Facebook Fan Page
Twitter
 Goodreads
 Accendo Press

Want to read my whole review?  CLICK HERE NOW!!!!!

Go to Angeline's website to read the first chapter!  CLICK HERE 

So do you have a quote to share?  Add it in the linky or in the comments!