News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Review: At The Dungeon Master's Hand by Jennifer Cole


Title: At The Dungeon Master's Hand
Series: Le Club d'Esclavage, Book 1
Author: Jennifer Cole
Published: August 2008, Lyrical Press
Format: Ebook received for review from publisher

Fantasies begin at the threshold of Le Club d'Esclavage
Natalie Buchanan has been working non-stop for six weeks. Determined to enjoy a rare weekend off, she winds up at the mysterious Le Club d'Esclavage.
Natalie had read about the bondage club, and although she'd been mildly curious about submissive pleasures, she never imagined she'd set foot inside. And now that she has, the erotic atmosphere of domination and submission sends her scrambling for the exit.

Before she can escape, she's approached by a leather-hooded, bare-chested man who whispers a deep, sultry, "You are mine..."

Warning: this title contains the following, explicit sex, graphic language, bondage, BDSM, use of sex toys, anal sex.



So when I started reading this book, for some reason I didn’t realize it was part of a trilogy. And on top of that, I didn’t realize I had all three books. You can not even imagine the joy I had once I discovered both of those points!



I think Jennifer Cole took a really fantastic approach to this series. There are three books, each featuring a different person; Natalie, Megan and Dani. And all three books are tied into together!! Seriously, I was just going nuts with joy when I discovered this. At The Dungeon Master’s Hand is Natalies book. I’ll keep my reviews over the next couple days brief, as these books aren’t very long, themselves. So make sure you check back tomorrow and Friday for the next two books!

Natalie is overworked. She is a copy editor, and to loosen up after a project she goes out with her friends, Megan and Dani. She thinks they are going to a club. They actually are going to a club, just not the kind Natalie thinks. Megan and Dani have organized a trip to Le Club D’Esclavage. That basically translates to: The Bondage Club. Oh yeah, fun times are ahead.

While sitting there, abandoned by her friends, Natalie runs into a coworker. A coworker she’s been crushing on. Meet Max. Max is wonderful, I really just loved him. And I loved getting to know him through the trilogy. He was very attentive and very caring, and he definitely has that Alpha air to him that just had me imagining all kinds of things involving him and this club.

Natalie’s story had a little twist. Sure, she was tricked into going – but there is the reason. And that reason is incredibly sexy. Meet The Dungeon Master. Like the blurb says, he whispers, “You are mine…” Really, I can see why Natalie didn’t resist. The man was BDSM awesomeness. He took control of her and the situation with ease, and opened up a whole new world to her.  This story was incredibly hot. The Dungeon Master was masked, and it was so intriguing.  I couldn't wait to find out who was under the mask, and I had to know if Natalie would be happy or upset.  That of course, is something you have to find out on your own!  Natalie was surprisingly pliable, but then part of the rules of entering the club are that you are giving your consent just by entering in the first place. The sexy heat was terrific.

If you want a quick hot read, I suggest this trilogy. The layout of the three books is superb the way they all revolve around one evening and these three friends, and Jennifer Cole’s writing is really great. She was able to build this club so beautifully, I felt I was right in there with them all. I can picture every bar, every staircase, every table. But not only that, she was able to pack in some really great emotional scenes throughout all of the books. So give it a try – or have you already? Let me know!!


Find Jennifer Cole Online