News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Monday, July 8, 2013

Quote-Tastic: Being Me



I love Mondays.  Not because I get to go back to work, cause that would be insane.  Not because it is the most hated day of the week, and I feel bad for it.  Not because The Bangles think they are Manic... but because of Quote-Tastic.

Herding Cats & Burning Soup creating this feature as a way for us all to share our favorite quotes from terrific books.  I think Anna deserves a cape and a gold star for this. The woman is a genius.

Join us every Monday and share a favorite quote that's grabbed ya for one reason or another. Everyone's welcome to join in. Authors, bloggers, readers. The more the merrier!  Just grab the button and toss up your post :) Don't have a blog? No worries, just leave your favorites in the comment section.

So this week I am on a Lisa Renee Jones kick.   This weekend I reviewed If I Were You, and coming up later this week I have a review of Being Me.  But when I was reading I saw this little paragraph, and I knew I had to post it for Quote-Tastic. It is just a little bit of proof of why I love Chris Merit.  The man is sin on a stick, and I wish he were mine.  

I'm more than defensive now.  I'm pissed.  I don't need another man to tell me I don't know how to take care of myself.  I lash out.  "We've had this conversation, Chris.  Fucking me does not give you the right to run my life."

His jaw flexes, and while the shadows hide the green of his eyes, I'm pretty sure they'd be burning with red-hot anger.  "Is that what we're back to Sara?  I'm fucking you?  Is that where last night took us again?  Why you are all over me in a parking lot?  because if you want me to fuck you, I'll fuck you until you can't remember your damn name and you never forget mine."




 So how about you?  Do you have any quotes you'd like to share??