News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Sizzling PR: Claiming Their Cat - Maggie O'Malley - Interview




Cat Watson managed to escape from the powerful drug lord Alvarez and right into the hands of the notorious killer—Rabid Rio. Rio promises to protect her and her baby if she becomes his mistress. With no money, what choice did she have?
Rio Wolff has found his mate, and she’s carrying another man’s child, not that it makes a difference to a werewolf. Cat’s running from the bastard, and only he can save her. It would help if she’d stop trying to run away every time he turns his back.
Creed Wolff gazes at the beauty standing in his kitchen and wonders why Rio has broken the rule never to bring a female home. She’s Creed’s mate so he can forgive his brother. Now he needs to replace Rio’s scent with his.
Cat can’t believe she lets both brothers pleasure her. Finally, she’s found a place where she feels safe, protected, and loved. But her world crashes when she finds out they have sold her to Alvarez.

Publisher's Note: This book contains explicit sexual content, graphic language, and situations that some readers may find objectionable: Ménage (m/f/m), anal play/intercourse, sex with toys, and spanking.

And be sure to check out my review of this book HERE


Hi Maggie!  Thank you so much for taking the time to interview with me today!

I just finished your book, Claiming Their Cat, and I was impressed!  It has a kind of gritty sensual feel to it that I really enjoyed.  What can you tell us about this book that isn’t part of the synopsis? 
                Hi Liz. Thanks for hosting me today.  This book is about 1 woman and 2 brothers. It’s about making difficult choices, learning to trust, and betrayal. Oh yeah, it has hot sex.

I really loved Rio.  He had so many layers, and he was full of surprises.  Sure, he was a mercenary with a brick wall for a body, but his heart was even bigger.  So who could play him in a movie? 
Hugh Jackman would work. I bet everyone thought I’d say Taylor Lautner (Jacob Black,) but he’s a little too young for my tastes. Jason Statham has a great bod. Chris Hemsworth from Thor. Maybe Ryan Renolds. Hum, I think I’d pick Hugh for Rio and Chris for Creed (drooling.)
  
In Claiming Their Cat, we get a glimpse of how Cat became the object of Alvarez’s attention.  And then Brody is born, and there is some speculation on his future (trying to be a bit vague here to not ruin the surprise for the readers!).  Do you see a sequel or a prequel in the future for this book?
 That depends on if Brody starts talking to me. I’ve honestly never planned to write a particular story. I wake up and bam! It’s on my brain with the hero and heroine telling me what I’m supposed to write.

This book has both werewolves and vampires, do you have a favorite breed of paranormal?
 I’m a werewolf fanatic because I love wolves. They are beautiful creatures that move with grace and purpose. They’re strong and powerful. Now don’t get me wrong; vampires can be all that too, but I’m just attracted to wolves. To me, it’s easier to write werewolves instead of vampires because of that whole sleep when the sun sets thing.

How do you go about writing a book?  Like, do you construct an outline, or do the words just come out?  Something else entirely?
                 I dream the first chapter with my characters and how they meet. Most of the time I don’t even know who the bad guy is. I have no plan; I just write what the characters tell me to, which is a good thing, because when I have all the answers, it’s not fun anymore. The puzzle is solved, and other characters are invading my sleep.
  
Are you working on any other projects, what can we expect from you for 2012?
 This year, I plan to publish Taming Raven from my Kitty DuCane pen name. Then I’m starting a new series about 7 brothers who are werewolf/hybrids—the best of both worlds and no sleeping restrictions. The characters for the first two books are already talking to me.

Ok, some quick fire questions…

Day or night? Day.
Do you like candy, and what kind? Chocolate and more chocolate with chocolate on top.
Favorite season? 
Summer because I love the lake.
Favorite book genre? 
Erotic Paranormal.
Favorite movie? 
The Mummy with Brendon Fraser and Rachel Weisz.


Thank you so much, Maggie, for taking the time today.  I really enjoyed this book and I look forward to reading more from you in the future!