News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Nobody Asked Me - Sunday Edition #2


Another Sunday is here.  It's about 9am here, and I still haven't decided what to make this post about!!  Hmmm.... Let's go with Location Stigma. 


Where do you live?  I live in the Detroit area.  Recently I've moved to a more rural area,but my whole life I've lived in the suburbs just north of the city.  What do you think of when you think of Detroit? 

 Gangs?  Murder?  Drugs?  Burnt out houses? 



Sure, Detroit has that. 

Maybe you've been here, and you think of some of our more iconic features, like the Joe Louis fist, or  the Spirit of Detroit statue downtown. 



Maybe you even thought of our beautiful skyline?


No?  Well, of course, those things are all Detroit.  But so are these.  

These next pics are my own pics, and they're how I see the area I am from. 



Haha, I had to throw Optimus Prime in there.  Because, hello, Optimus Prime. 

Anyways - I've seen it on the news, I've seen it on tv, and I've even seen it in books.  Detroit has been painted with a certain brush, and it's very hard to escape that view.  I'm sure we aren't the only city, ya know?  But I just hope, when you hear something bad about my city, maybe you'll slow down, and think that maybe, just maybe, there is more to it than what they want you to see. 

Damn.The.Man

****

Ok, enough of that.  Another thing I wanted to bring to my Sunday post were some of the holidays going on this week.  Sure, we all know about the big ones coming up (Halloween, Thanksgiving here in the US, and Christmas)  but what about the other ones who need some notoriety? Here they are!  Are you going to celebrate?

Holidays to Celebrate This Week!!!

Tuesday - October 7, 2014
Frappe Day
Drink em if you got em!

Wednesday - October 8, 2014
World Octopus Day
If you ever needed an extra hand...

Friday - October 10, 2014
Hug A Drummer Day
Cause, awwww, Drummers need love too!

And now, my favorite part... drumroll please!!!


So what's on board for this week?   Hmmm... Well, last week was the paracord bracelet.  This week is.... a water bladder!!

Huh?  What?  Water what?

Ok, I get emails from Vivos, and I plan on featuring a ton of stuff from them, because I love the site.  But they've been sending out this email for water bladders, and it made me think, "oh yeah, I need this for the top of my Jeep, for sure".  Just look. 


Now this bad boy is a 30 gallon bladder you put on top of your vehicle of choice.  Thick plastic, holds 30 freaking gallons.  Can you imagine carrying 30 gallons inside your car?  Heck no, you need that room for Twinkies and shit.  So this is a great idea.  And when it's not in use, fold that shit up and put it away!  And if you are really lucky, maybe fill it with, I dunno, vodka or rum or something.  No one said you have to do the apocalypse sober!!!

So here is Vivos' site.  Picture and idea credit all goes to them. 

*****

So how about you?  Where does Sunday find you??