News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Review: No Romance Required - Cari Quinn


Title: No Romance Required
Series: Love Required, #3
Author: Cari Quinn
Published: August 2013, Entangled Brazen
Format; ebook received for review

Faking it never felt so good…

Cory Santangelo is used to getting his way, both in the boardroom and the bedroom. Lately he hasn’t had much opportunity to do anything but work, but one unexpectedly sexy night in a gazebo with Victoria, his gorgeous and feisty interior designer, changes all that—especially when they’re caught on camera. Suddenly Cory’s sterling reputation is no longer above reproach. Since his impromptu encounter coincides nicely with his need for a girlfriend to get his well-meaning, meddling parents off his back, he decides to ask his lifelong frenemy for a favor.

To pretend to be his girlfriend for a month. No strings attached.

The only problem? Vicky Townsend wants those strings tied all around her. She’s battled a long-suppressed crush on Cory, and their combative work relationship has only fanned the flames. When he suggests his needs are more than she can handle, she’s ready to up the ante. And her bargaining chip is lots of delicious, inventive sex.

Until they discover nothing feels as good as making it real…




Last year I read No Flowers Required, and I loved it. Dillon and Alexa were fabulous. However – in No Flowers Required Dillon’s brother, Cory, was a bit of an asshole through most of the book and I got very mad at him. I think I harbored some of those negative feelings toward him, even a year later, going into this book. So Cory Santangelo had a bit of a hard road to travel with me. Did he get to the other side? That’s a tough question.


While not my favorite, I did enjoy this book. The characters were interesting and they felt real. I would have liked to see a little bit more build up between Vicky and Cory. I understand their relationship how it was before they entered the “fake relationship” and I love the concept. For me personally, it jumped a little too fast into the fake part without showing the love/hate they had previously.

She offered him her throat, holding on while he took full advantage. There would be marks from his teeth, hislips, and she’d happily resign herself to turtleneck sweaters for eternity if only he’d just keep going.

“This.” He yanked on her belt, his mouth almost vicious in its blazing sweep down the column of her neck. “I want you in this. Around your wrists. At my mercy.”

But then we get to the nookie. That was scandalously hot!! As it turns out, Cory is Dominant and into a bit of the kinkier side of things. The things he accomplishes in this book while in a “fake” relationship will make an ice cube turn to boil. This is fantastic –but Vicky, on the other hand, is a bit on the softer side of things. She’s got the image of town bad girl, but everything Cory wants to do is new to her. I had a bit of issue connecting to that aspect, but I still liked her as a woman.

I like Cari Quinn’s writing. She writes with a smooth flow and easily brings me into the story. Every time I got a chance to pick the book back up, I was able to jump right back in and feel like I was there. I ended up warming up to Cory, and felt content by the end of the story. If you are like me, and like the fake relationship plotline, I think you will enjoy this. It’s definitely heated and sexy, and the characters are likeable.

Follow Cari Quinn Online