News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Review: The Master Undone by Lisa Renee Jones


Title: The Master Undone
Series: Inside Out 2.5
Author: Lisa Renee Jones
Published: August 12, 2013, Pocket Star
Format: Galley, Edelweiss

I told him goodbye, and I will not call him. I know if I do, it will be my undoing, and I'll once again be caught up in his spell. I will once again be...lost.

In her private journals, Rebecca laid bare her soul, revealing her obsession for the one man whose erotic demands captivated her imagination--and enslaved her forever. Now, with Rebecca no longer in his life he is lost, questioning everything he thought he knew about himself and about control he holds in such high regard. One women will reach out to heal him and then turn away, leaving him haunted. She is nothing he thought he wanted and somehow everything he needs. He tells himself to forget her but he cannot escape his desire for her. He has to have more...



The Master Undone… This was quite an intriguing look into the mindset of Mark. But I have to be honest, without Chris, this just didn’t hold the same magic for me. I liked this story, it just didn’t excite me as much as I was hoping for.


The Master Undone starts with Mark on a plane to see his mom, shortly after Being Me ends. I won’t give you any spoilers about that, just in case. But Mark’s mom is sick, and he is ever devoted to her. I like this about him. Showing a strong familial bond is important. It shows where you come from, and can often show why you might be the way you are.

Crystal meets him and tells him she is the Head Of Sales at Riptide, the New York auction house. She has certainly made herself at home with Dana, Mark’s mother. I like Crystal. She is a strong woman, and you can’t help but admire that. She comes from money, but she sees it important to make her own way. She’s an Alpha female, for sure.

But Mark, see, Mark identifies with being a Master in every aspect of his life, not just sexually. He is used to being in charge, and people following his orders. So when Crystal shows him that she is not the submissive type, he is intrigued. And sparks fly.

I liked seeing the interaction between Mark and Crystal. Sure, they don’t do it for me like Chris and Sara, but there is a certain fascination with them (Mark & Crystal). I think that this is definitely a quickie to read just because it’s some insight into the ever-elusive Mark.