News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Guest Post & Giveaway: Karyn Gerrard, author of Heart of Rock

Heart of Rock
Karyn Gerrard

Irishman Brogan Byrne is at the pinnacle of rock music success in 1974. Handsome, charismatic, with a three-octave voice, you’d think he had it all. But Byrne sinks to new depths of depravity with women, liquor, and drugs.

Carly Montgomery is an ambitious record executive offered an opportunity to be manager for the last leg of Byrne's tour. Though she's detached and tough as nails, Carly's cool facade comes under attack. Somehow Byrne manages to slip by her frosty defenses.

Brogan, for his part, is broken inside. A memory weighs on his soul and affects his actions. Is Carly the one woman to help him forget his guilt and heal his heart of rock?

This is a re-release. New additional scenes.

Hey everyone!  Today I have Karyn Gerrard over.  It's been a while, so I am super glad she is here!  And would you check out that new cover for Heart of Rock?  I loved it before, but now with these new tweaks, it is positively awesome!  So check out the post, let me know what you think!!
*Liz




 Heart of Rock and 1974! 

1974 was an interesting year in history, and the one I chose to set my rock star erotic romance in! Stephen King debuts with Carrie! Hank Aaron breaks Babe Ruth’s all time home run record! Nixon resigns!

What were some of the top five’s in entertainment that year?

Movies:
     1. Blazing Saddles
     2. The Towering Inferno
     3. Young Frankenstein
     4. Earthquake
     5. The Godfather Part II









Music:

     1. The Way We Were ~Barbra Streisand
     2. Seasons In The Sun ~Terry Jacks
     3. Love's Theme ~ Love Unlimited Orchestra
     4. Come and Get Your Love ~Redbone
     5. Dancing Machine ~Jackson 5




Television 

     1. All in the Family

     2. Sanford and Son
     3. Chico and the Man
     4. The Jeffersons
     5. M*A*S*H











Yes, I remember all of this. Yikes, I may have aged myself!

Ultimately, HEART OF ROCK is a love story, girl meets boy. Brogan Byrne, my Irish rocker, carries a lot of heartache and grief, and at times, is not very likeable. Carly sees beneath the hurt, can she heal his heart of rock?

This story has been through a lot. Released briefly for a few months in 2012 with another publisher, I had to ask for my rights back. Accepted by Decadent Publishing, I added more than 5000 words and it received a shiny new edit. I am very pleased with this edition and so glad this novella is getting a second chance. Also, the cover rocks!

Tell me some of your favorites from the 1970’s, whether you remember it yourself or not! Music, fashions, foods, fads, TV, movies, share with me!

Leave a comment and you could win an e-copy of HEART OF ROCK!



Find Karyn Online!