News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Monday, June 3, 2013

Quote-Tastic - Secret Maneuvers by Jessie Lane


Yay!  Another fun filled quotey week is here!!  Hope you all had a swell weekend, I know I did!  It was full of relaxation and reading, and what could be better than that??

So this week I read Secret Maneuvers by Jessie Lane for a tour I have coming up.  There was lots of good quotes, but I thought I'd share this one with you :)

Do you have any quotes?  Fill out the linky!  And thanks to Anna at Herding Cats & Burning Soup for creating such an awesome Monday treat!




Planting my hands on my hips, I growled, “You trying to tell me that you haven’t been playing some kind of game? You disappear for fifteen years without so much as a clue to where you’re headed, then waltz back into my life and try to pretend I don’t exist? You don’t have the kind of love we had, Belle. Hell, you don’t have a man like me—who’s had his mouth on you, his cock in you—and then pretend like he doesn’t exist. Now, I’m telling you, I’m tired of this game and I’m tired of fucking waiting for you to give me a second of your time so that we can talk about this shit.”

Throwing her hands up in the air, she stumbled backwards a few steps and then screeched, “There’s nothing to talk about, Bobby! Besides, I didn't have the man's mouth and cock. I had the boy's. There's a difference. A man, a real man that is, keeps his promises. Like the ones he made to come back. A boy hasn't grown up enough to realize how important promises are to keep.”

Ahhh!!  This book was SOOO good!  I even just changed my quote at last minute - there were just so many to pick from!!  So I hope you like it!

This book hasn't been released yet, but you can be sure as heck I'll tell you when it is! Meanwhile, check out an excerpt at Jessie Lane's website!  Jessie Lane