News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Monday, May 6, 2013

Interview with Cassandra Carr, author of Velocity (Buckin Bull Riders #4)


Velocity
Cassandra Carr

Paolo D’Allesandro has been living in his older brother Marco’s shadow. But he’s getting older now and realizing he and Marco don’t want the same things. He’s not sure what his next step is, but knows he needs to quit riding to figure it out.

Savannah Harrington is a grad student working on a thesis about adrenaline junkies, and she’s joined the bull riders’ tour to study the men and their motivation to willingly take part in a dangerous sport. She meets Paolo and both feel an instant connection. She can’t stay away from the sexy Italian and his mind-numbing skills in the bedroom, but knows the relationship can’t last.

Both wish their circumstances were different, but Paolo doesn’t think he has anything to offer Savannah, and Savannah doesn’t want to pressure Paolo into another life decision that will make someone else happy, but not fulfill him. As her time to go back to school draws closer, they need to figure out how to get their highest score yet—in the game of love.

Hey everyone!!  I'm so glad you are all here for this today - I have an interview with Cassandra Carr!!  Anyone who has followed me, knows I'm a fan.  And I especially love her Buckin' Bullriders series.  Have you read it?  OMG.  You must!!!  So check out the interview, and come back later for my review of Velocity, which is book FOUR in the series! 

***Interview*** 

Hi Cassandra!  This is the first time I’ve had you over for an interview, out of all the reviews.  I must say, I’m pretty excited!  Welcome to Fictional Candy!
  
So this tour is for Velocity, the fourth book in your Buckin’ Bullriders series.  Can you tell our readers today a bit about it?

Yes, Velocity is book four in the series, and centers around Italian bull rider Paolo. Paolo’s brother Marco was the focus of the third book, Momentum. This book is a little different, as Paolo has decided bull riding is not for him. That causes a big problem, though – what will he do now? Can he strike out on his own and leave his brother, who’s been his rock since they came to America, behind? Paolo meets Savannah, a graduate student studying adrenaline junkies, and Savannah sets out to help Paolo discover his true calling in life. Of course, since it’s one of my books there’s a lot of sex along the way. ;-)


The cover for Velocity is one of my favorites!!!  Who is that guy and how did you get him on your cover?

Heh. I don’t blame you. “That guy” is Ellora’s Cave Caveman David. I met him at EC’s Romanticon conference last October while I was writing Velocity. I had already written the physical description of Paolo, and when I saw David for the first time across a crowded room I could’ve sworn Paolo had just walked in. When it came time for my cover art request, I asked for David specifically and got him!

Cassandra, what is the best thing about being an author?

I can only pick one thing? Hmmmm. I think the fact I work for myself, work when I can, work from home and in whatever clothes I want. I also don’t have to worry about commuting, micromanaging bosses and cranky coworkers. Of course, I don’t get paid vacation or a 401k, but you have to make sacrifices somewhere.

And how did you become an author?

Funny enough, by accident. I was writing hockey fanfic, and my mom, who’s also a writer (Cynthia Racette) suggested I fictionalize the story and send it to some publishers. I did query that book, but it was rejected so I decided to write another one. I sold that book, Talk to Me, as my debut novel. And the book that got rejected? Should’ve Known Better, which published through Twenty or Less Press in early April.

If someone has never read your books before, where would you recommend they start?

I guess that depends on what they’re looking for. If they want a m/f erotic contemporary, Talk to Me. A ménage, Head Games. Bull riders – Impact; hockey players – any number of them including Talk to Me, the entire Buffalo Intimidators series, See the Light, or Should’ve Known Better. BDSM, Caught or Master Class. So yeah, a totally unhelpful answer there. Sorry about that. :-P

Pretend you are single – which of your characters do you want to go on a date with, and what will you do?

Sebastian from Should’ve Known Better. Adore him. What would I do besides climbing his incredible body like a mountaineer? Ummm, go somewhere that would encourage him to speak French. YUM.

What’s life like for you when you aren’t writing?

Busy! I have a four-year-old and only part-time childcare. For instance, right now my daughter is playing on the couch about two feet from me as she watches Doc McStuffins. Both my parents and my hubs’ parents live in town, along with most of hubs’ family, so we do a lot of stuff with them. I also watch hockey, go out when I can, garden…

Anyone who knows you knows you are into hockey.  How did that love start?  Care to give a shout out to your favorite team? J

It started when I was a kid. My parents used to take us to Broome Dusters games (I’m from Binghamton NY, which is now home to the AHL Binghamton Senators). When I moved up to the Buffalo area to go to the University at Buffalo, I became a Buffalo Sabres fan. I still am today, though the organization is going through some upheaval, not all of which I agree with, like trading away my favorite player, Jason Pominville. But I’ve hung in with them since 1994 and don’t intend to stop now.

If you could not write books anymore, which job do you think you would like best (if money were no concern)?

I actually did like the Evil Day Job I had in 2009 and early 2010. I was doing media relations for a cancer hospital (one where I had treatment for cancer in 1997). It was tremendously rewarding to help get the word out about what a great place it was.

And one last question – are there going to be any more in the Buckin’ Bullriders series? (please say yes!!!)

There will be at least one more BBR book, Inertia. That being said, though, I have no idea when I’ll have enough time to write it. I would not expect it to release until the end of 2013, and that might be optimistic. I have a LOT of projects.

Thanks Cassandra, it’s been my pleasure having you with me today!

Previous Posts