News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Quote-Tastic - Wanderlust by Skye Warren

Welcome to Quote-Tastic!  This meme runs every Monday and is hosted by Herding Cats & Burning Soup.  So far it has been oh-so-much fun!  

Maybe you've heard me say this, maybe you haven't - but a good kiss in a book will win me over more than almost anything.  Seriously.  More than the action, more than the sex, more than anything - I just need that ONE moment to make me do a dreamy sigh and wish I was in their place.  That is what will get me every time.  

Last week I reviewed Wanderlust by Skye Warren.  You can read that post HERE.  It was a five star read for me.  And while there were tons and oodles of moments I loved in that book, there was this one that I'm going to post today.  Evie and Hunter are at a waterfall, and they are having a tender moment where the reality of their situation is forgotten for just a moment, and they are able to just be

Just enjoy this.

I leaned forward and kissed him - right on his nose. A little silly maybe, but he didn't laugh. He looked startled at first, then his eyes darkened. He held me still, steadily kicking to keep us afloat. But he made no move t pull away or to initiate another kiss. Just holding steady for my exploration, if I wished to continue, and I did.

His eyelids, his forehead, the rough cheeks and much softer lips. I stayed there, sending small kisses along his mouth, from one corner to the other and then back again. It was a thank you for bringing me here, for convincing me to do this. More than that, the jump had given me permission to do this thing I'd wanted, to kiss a beautiful man who held me. One who seemed to want me but was unable to express it except in the harshest of ways.

"What next?" I whispered, expecting him to do something obscene and maybe painful. For the first time, I thought I'd welcome it. It was crazy, but so was this.

His lips curved knowingly, as if he guessed the direction of my thoughts.

He raised his eyebrow. "Wanna jump again?"

Please note this is an Amazon Associates link.  All purchases made through this link help support this blog. 


So what do you think?  Can you get lost in a moment and think, "This is it, this is what I've been waiting for!" This book was so good, I urge you all to read it.  It's a bit dark, a bit sexy, a bit dangerous, and all together wonderful.  

So how about you?  Did you join in on Quote-Tastic this week?  Leave me your links and I will come visit you!