News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wicked Road To Hell - Juliana Stone


Title: Wicked Road to Hell
Author: Juliana Stone

Format: ebook requested from Edelweiss

With the legions of the underworld gathering and chaos close at hand, Sorcerer Declan O’Hara’s deadly skills will be tested. But nothing will sway him from his duty, not even her…


Rescued from eternal darkness, vampire Ana DeLacrux owes her life to a mysterious stranger who asks for only one thing—her absolute allegiance. She serves this master without question until Declan, the one man who can make her forget her vow, returns. His magic is stronger, darker…more compelling than ever. His blood awakens a hunger she must resist, or risk deadly consequences.


As Ana and Declan join forces, the streets of New Orleans become a dangerous place for both humans and the otherworld. And the most dangerous place of all is a road Declan’s traveled before…the wicked road to hell.
In Wicked Road to Hell we meet Declan (awesome name, btw!), who is a sorcerer who has just been rescued from the third level of hell by Bill, a Seraph.  Yes, Bill the angel.  Awesome! In return for plucking Declan out of Lilith’s hell Declan is basically in servitude to Bill.  Declan’s current task is to find someone and bring him back.  He doesn’t know who, but of course that eventually comes to light.

Then we meet Ana.  Ana is a centuries old vampire; a royal vampire at that.  Declan and Ana have it bad for eachother, always have.  But they both think the other is dead.  Ana was brought back to life by….. Bill!  That Bill, he’s a helluva guy.  Ana’s task is to protect a young boy named Kaden, who appears to be a sorcerer.

This is a new author to me, and I must say I was totally enthralled with this entire world.  I hear there are other books, a Jaguar series to be precise.  I think I am definitely going to have to look those up and get a little bit more history on Declan and Ana.  Not to mention there is a jaguar in this story, Declan’s friend, Nico.  Nico sounds just like the type of jaguar I’d like to meet (insert evil grin here). But I digress…

                “Ana Delacrux was a fearless, tough operative.  To see her in such a vulnerable state did something to his insides.  It twisted them into all kinds of want and need and filled him with desire to protect what was his.”

Oh, how I love them alpha type males! There is a really good romantic and frustrating tension between Declan and Ana.  I couldn’t wait for them to finally get together and realize that everything is mutual.  Every turn page was agony waiting for it to happen!

Luckily for me there was a lot of other stuff happening to hold me over until that happened.  This book had werewolves that were all kinds of cool.  Demon lords…who doesn’t love a good demon lord?  And Lilith… well, Lilith’s world kind of felt like a demented version of Alice In Wonderland, so I absolutely loved that.  Sides must come together for a common goal.  What’s that saying?  The enemy of my enemy is my friend.  That definitely applies here for this story. 

I found the world the author built to be vibrant and exciting.  The characters were interesting and captivating.  This was a book that I really enjoyed, and I really look forward to seeing what’s next in the series.