News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Bunny and the Bear - Eve Langlais


Title: Bunny and the Bear
Author: Eve Langlais

Format: Ebook provided by author for review

What’s a poor bear to do when all he wants is some sweet, bunny pie?
Bears and bunnies aren’t supposed to mix, or that’s what Chase keeps telling himself when his bouncy new neighbor won’t stay out of his business—and his mind. However, the more he gets to know his overly perky neighbor, the more he craves her—naked in his grasp—a desire worse than his addiction to honey and pie.
Miranda’s on a mission for the Furry United Coalition, and it involves secretly guarding one grumpy ol’ bear. Staying focused on the job isn’t easy when all she can think about is turning his frown upside down, a task made harder when she gets a glimpse of his passion. When she hears about his theory on woodland creatures and predators not mixing, she thinks all is lost, but she didn’t count on a bear’s curious nature—and possessive need.
When an evil force abducts Chase, Miranda unleashes her bunny in order to save him, but the revelation of her shifter side puts her in danger. Is one ornery bear enough to save her from a mad scientist? And if he does, can a bear forget her woodland creature status long enough to love her and make her his mate?
Warning: Pies were harmed in the making of this story and naughty references made about honey that might offend some readers.

When I first started this book come out on the websites I thought, “Oh what the heck is this??  A bunny and a bear??” I knew I wanted to read it. I felt drawn to it.  A bunny and a bear?  You don’t say!  Well, now I’ve finally gotten my chance!  Wait for it……

OMG I love this book! Seriously!  I’m not sure what exactly I was expecting, but whatever it was, it was totally blown away by this story!  If you’ve read anything on my site before you know I adore shifters.  I really really do. I love that whole dual lifestyle, “I’ve got a secret”, Bam! I’m an animal thing.  Well, in Bunny and the Bear that totally gets amped up a bit.  Yes, there is a bunny shifter and a bear shifter.  But wait!  That’s not all!  (Too infomercial, here?)  You also get a crocodile shifter, a rat shifter, a giraffe shifter (what?!?!) and even more!  My joy at this is almost too much for me to contain!  My use of exclamation points is nearing a frightening level!   Wait, one more…! Ok…

So in this story we have Chase, a bear shifter slash lawyer.  He’s a big brute of a guy, the kind of guy you do not want to mess around with.  Well, that is unless you are Miranda, secret agent in the FUC and live across the hall from him for his own (unknowing) protection.  She totally wants to mess with him, and she does one heck of a job doing it.  The chemistry between the two of these two was white hot.  It was fantastic, and I loved every minute of it. 

The author, Eve Langlais, does such a wonderful job of injecting humor into this story.  You will laugh out loud, or lol if you prefer.  The animal traits of their shifter sides were brought through to their human side so elegantly, so… awesomely, it was truly beautiful.  And I don’t just mean Chase and Miranda, I mean everyone.  But there is a great sense of humor that Miranda has, a little wise-cracking snarky side.  It’s just enough to add humor without making her a pessimist.  I loved her character.  And her cute little bunny/human traits will absolutely make you smile.  And well, lets talk Chase.  The man is a bear.  I mean, if he wasn’t a bear shifter you’d probably still associate him as a bear.  And his love of honey and honey pastries is out of this world and just gave me a warm fuzzy feeling.  I don’t know why, I can’t explain it.  But a man who loves honey buns as much as Chase does can’t be a bad man, right?

Ok, maybe I gush too much.  This story has more than shifters.  It has a great mystery behind it, an abduction… there is action the whole way through and in many forms! You will definitely be entertained by this book and I cannot recommend it enough.  I don’t do ratings on my site, but every where I go, I am definitely giving it 5 stars.   There are a few steamy sex scenes, and they are wonderfully hot.  But they aren’t very graphic scenes at all, so this will appeal to the people who want less graphic love.  I’m just in love with everything about this book. I can’t wait for you to read it!  If you already have, please, let me know!  I’d love to hear your opinion!


Follow Eve


Also, Eve has a new book coming out this month! Check out F814, coming out April 21, 2012.



F814
Cyborgs: More Than Machines

Coming April 21st

Genre: Science Fiction / Futuristic / Cyborg RomanceLength: 48, 850 (large novella)ISBN: 978 1927 459 010 
 She thought herself a robot, defective and unique among her kind, until he taught her how to live again.

I dreamt I was once human. I lived a nightmare as a robot. But love taught me I was more than a machine. 

GO METAL!