News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Monday, September 22, 2014

Twice The Growl by Milly Taiden (Review)

Title: Twice The Growl
Series: Paranormal Dating Agency #1
Author: Milly Taiden
Published: August 2014, Latin Goddess Press
Format: Ebook received for review

Talia Barca needs a date. Badly. She uses the services of the Paranormal Dating Agency hoping for a decent guy to take to a family wedding. A wedding her ex-husband has wormed his way into as a guest.

Connor and Theron want Tally to complete their Alpha triad. She's sexy, curvy and funny. But she's human. And they're not sure she'll go for a relationship with two men at the same time. 

As if deciding to give two men a shot wasn’t difficult enough, Tally will also need to deal with a threat from the pack. She'll either prove she's strong enough to be an Alpha mate or find herself at the mercy of a vicious opponent.

Reader Warning: This book contains lots of scorching sex (including a threesome so hot it will make your ereader sizzle), adult language (hanky panky with no dirty talk is no fun), and violence. If this is not the kind of stuff you like to read, skip this book. However, if you like dirty, raunchy sex with some sarcasm and two hot men on one curvy girl, then this is the book for you.

Whenever I read Milly Taiden, I know I'm in for a treat.  It's just a given.  She knows how to get me to connect to her characters, and she puts them in crazy situations that just make me DIE!  And oh yeah, there is the fabulous extremely hot sex.  That ain't half bad either (wink wink!)




Tally is 32, divorced, and she's just been invited to a family wedding.  The only kicker is that her exhusband (who shall always be referred to as jerkoff) will be there.  Jerkoff has weasled his way into her family's good graces, while simultaneously putting her on the outskirts.  It just makes you want to growl in frustration, but I know you know what I mean! To top it off, Tally hasn't had very good luck with dating.  That is, until she visits her neighbors, Mrs. Wilder.  Mrs. Wilder runs the Paranormal Dating Agency, and she's a feisty elderly wolf shifter.  Gotta love her for sure.

As for Tally, I really liked her.  At times she was a bit down on herself, but that's the story.  I mean, who wouldn't be.  She is a genuine person, and I felt like I knew her. And I could definitely sympathize with her.

The kicker is who Mrs. Wilder sets her up with.  Not one, but TWO wolves.  Hot sexy as sin wolves.  Connor and Theron.  And actually, they are Alpha and Omega of the Wildwoods pack and looking for their third to form the triad, and mate with them.  These guys are super wonderful.  Theron is tough and tatted up, while Connor is actually empathic.  As Tally puts it, the two of them make up the perfect man.

But seriously - why have one when you can have two??

This book was hot and sexy in all the right places.  There were even scenes that got me doing a little cheer and fist pump.  I highly recommend starting this series now, so you don't have to catch up later.  Milly Taiden never disappoints, and I'm definitely already on board for the next book (psst, theres a bear!!)


Hi! I'm Milly (AKA April Angel) I love to write sexy stories. They're usually either paranormal or contemporary with a large dose of heat. My paranormal stories can be anything from wolf-shifters (my favorites) to witches, demons and anything in between. My contemporaries are usually anything from soldiers to corporate romances.
I was born the prettiest part of the Caribbean known as the Dominican Republic. Currently, I live in New York City with my hubby, the bossy kiddo and our little dog "Needy Speedy". Don't ask.
When I'm not working some really long hours at the day job, or hanging out in the awful life-sucking invention known as Facebook, messaging my bestie in the UK or shopping with my sis Julie, then I can be found watching scary movies. Buuut when I'm not doing that, I'm usually writing because the voices won't shut up.
I am addicted to shoe shopping, chocolate (but who isn't, right?) and Dunkin' Donuts coffee.
Come on over and visit me! I love to meet new readers!

Find out more about Milly Taiden here:
Facebook Friend Page: http://www.facebook.com/milly.taiden