News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Unfixable by Tessa Bailey (review)

Title: Unfixable
Series: Standalone
Author: Tessa Bailey
Published: April 14, 2014 Entangled Publishing
Format: Ebook received for review

He’s the last thing she wants...but the only thing she needs.

Willa Peet isn’t interested in love. She’s been there, done that, and has the shattered heart to prove it. Ready to shake the breakup, she heads to Dublin, Ireland. But there’s a problem. A dark-haired, blue-eyed problem with a bad attitude that rivals her own. And he’s not doling out friendly Irish welcomes.

Shane Claymore just wants to race. The death of his father forced him off the Formula One circuit, but he’s only staying in Dublin long enough to sell the Claymore Inn and get things in order for his mother and younger sister. He never expected the sarcastic American girl staying at the inn to make him question everything.

But even as Willa and Shane’s fiery natures draw them together, their pasts threaten to rip them apart. Can Shane give up racing to be with the woman he loves, or will Willa’s quest to resurrect the tough-talking, no-shit-taking girl she used to be destroy any hope of a future together?

This book was awesome.  Seriously - it had everything I look for in a romance.  If you haven't read Tessa Bailey before, I would definitely suggest picking up Unfixable!
The reasonable part of me knows I'm reeling from the blow of losing my first love.  The reasonable part of me can eat shit.


The heroine is Willa, and she's just won a photography contest where the prize is a month in Ireland.  This works out perfectly for her because she feels the need to escape.  She's just had a bad breakup and she's to blame.  Willa wants to re-find herself.  Willa was awesome.  She's kind of from the wrong side of the tracks, and she's had a hard past.  She finds everything she needs in the pictures she takes.  She's a bit tough, and a bit of a softy, and she just seems like a pretty cool chick.  You really get to see her change through the book, and I love that.

Our hero is Shane (one of my very favorite names, by the way) On the surface he's what you'd expect when you meet an Irish hottie.  He's got a bit of a temper, a maddeningly sexy accent, and he his whole persona kind of screams danger (Uhhh yeah, for Willa's heart!!!!) But there is more to Shane than meets the eye.  Just when you think you have him pegged, another part to him is revealed.  Holy sex on a gear shift, the man is a racecar driver.  Shane's family owns the pub slash inn where Willa is staying.  He is angry and sexy - a lethal combination for a girl with a troubled past.

Another character who plays a major role in this book is Faith, Shane's sister.  She's the one who has been left at home while Shane becomes this awesome racecar driver.  She's held down the fort.  And now she's starting to stand up for herself, and she's going to have some fun.  Willa and Faith become friends, and when Faith is around I can't help but smile - just like Willa.

Shane's hand curls into a fist at my belly.  "Take back your words.  Tell me I can touch you."  His breath shudders out, the sound almost lost in the pounding rain. "Take it back."

"No," I chose out, but my bottom presses back against him harder, contradicting my words.  Shane groans and the sound liquefies my insides.  It's hot and needy and male.

"I'll have you over him in five minutes flat, babe." Biting my ear lightly, he fingers the snap of my jeans. "Let me take him right out of your head."

Ok, the sexual tension - that's what you want to know about.  This book has tons!!  I mean seriously, Tessa Bailey did such a fantastic job teasing me and bringing me to the edge, I can't even wait to read this book again.  Willa and Shane are swoon-worthy adversaries slash romantic potentials for each other.  It's love-hate and then it's love-love, and then it's love-oh-no-Tessa-Bailey-don't-do-that-please-don't-rip-them-apart!!!!  And just like that, she rips the rug out from under you and you are left scared to turn the page.  I mean, I know a HEA is supposed to happen, but seriously - I wasn't sure it was going to.  I love love LOVE when an author rips a couple apart and just destroys them so completely when they aren't with the other!  I mean, it breaks my heart, but the make up slash reunion is nothing short of the biggest fireworks you've ever seen.

So would I recommend Unfixable?  Without a doubt - hell yes!!  Put it in drive and put the pedal to the medal, because this book burns rubber!

Ok, yeah.  That line was a little cheesy.  Hey, you write a review when you're on a caffeine buzz and excited about a story ;)



Find Tessa Bailey Online
Unfixable on Goodreads
Tessa Bailey on Goodreads
Website
Twitter
Facebook

Only 99 cents at the time of this review!
Unfixable on AMAZON


Fictional Candy