News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Review: Feel The Rush by Kelsie Leverich

Title: Feel The Rush
Series: Hard Feelings #2
Author: Kelsie Leverich
Published: August 2013, Intermix
Format: Egalley - Thank you Penguin!

Picking the wrong men is a talent Meagan Mitchell has perfected. She’s sweet, confident, beautiful—and single. With her thirtieth birthday sneaking up on her, she needs a new plan. No more Mr. Wrongs or Mr. Bads, it’s time to find Mr. Safe…

Army Captain, Reed Porter, lives for the thrill—he’s an Airborne Jumpmaster with a rush addiction. He’s sexy and playful, and he quickly tempts Meagan with his rich Southern drawl and sinful looks. But slowing down and settling down are not in his agenda, making him exactly the type of man Meagan wants to avoid…

As their undeniable attraction heats up, Meagan has to decide if she’s willing to risk everything on a chance at love with a reckless charmer. Is she brave enough to bet her future—and her heart—on Mr. Thrill? Or will Reed finally learn that the feeling of a safe landing is just as addicting as the rush of the fall?

If you haven’t read Kelsie Leverich, I think it’s time you start. Not too long ago I read and reviewed The Valentine’s Arrangement, which I thought was full of drama, romance, and sexy times. Kelsie Leverich continued that legacy with Feel The Rush.

Meagan is our leading lady, and we met her briefly in The Valentine’s Arrangement. I liked her then, thought she was a stand up type of woman, but I love her now. She’s about to hit her thirtieth birthday, and realized her checklist of accomplishments is no where near where she wants it to be. So she takes a major chance and moves several states away. This takes courage!! And that is something Meagan shows again and again, bravery. She’s scared she won’t ever find a man to love, who loves her back, and she absolutely deserves to. Meagan is a good friend, and she has a giant heart. Through the whole book I loved her.

Fate steps in with Meagan when she makes that move, and that’s in the form of a sexy daredevil named Reed. Except there is a slight twist there that I won’t spoil for you, but it had me giggling with the evil ways of destiny!! Anyhow, Reed is the man you expect him to be. He’s sexy and intelligent, a daredevil and a bit of a playboy. Yep, he has positive marks in my book, for sure.

“God, baby,” he said against her mouth as his lips kissed her and his body slammed into her with a force that rocked her body back and forth. She couldn’t keep the moans locked away, not when he was sending her through hell wrapped in angel wings – it was blissful, iniquitous pleasure, and she was completely lost in it.

This is only my second read from this author, but I had absolutely no problem getting sucked right into the story. Leverich definitely develops these stories in a fast and engaging way, and I was rooting for our hero couple the whole way through. And when she tears them apart, she really beats the hell out of them. Maybe I’m a sadist, but I love it. I love to see the leading couple have to work for their happiness. Yes, I want it to come easy, but I want them to realize that it could be ripped away. And Kelsie Leverich does this in awesome ways.

“I think you just like to intimidate thehell out of any guy that comes around me, anyway, “ she teased. “It’s like you get some twisted enjoyment out of it.”

He propped his elbow on the bar and leaned against it. “What’d I tell you, Meg? If they’re not willing to fight for you – not willing to fight me for you – then they’re not fucking worth it anyway.”

---Meagan and Trevor

T
his story is rounded out with a great supporting cast, but they don’t really steal the spotlight...well, much. My favorite would be Trevor, and he’s a gem! His friends, her friends… they’ve all got some great qualities, and I’m hoping to see them in upcoming books. I really like that Meagan had a short spot in the first book of the series, and just wasn’t a new person altogether. Know what I mean?

This book has heart. The couple definitely has some electric chemistry. There is more drama than you can shake a stick at. And history, well, sometimes history needs a replay. I’d definitely recommend this book to any of my romance reading friends, especially those who love a little bit of military in their romance.





Previous Posts on Fictional Candy