News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover (Review)

Title: Maybe Someday
Series: Standalone
Author: Colleen Hoover
Published: March 2014
Format: Library Loan
Pages: 385/Goodreads

At twenty-two years old, Sydney has a great life: She's in college, working a steady job, in love with her wonderful boyfriend, Hunter, and rooming with her best friend, Tori. But everything changes when she discovers Hunter's cheating on her--and she is left trying to decide what to do next.

Sydney becomes captivated by Ridge, her mysterious neighbor. She can't take her eyes off him or stop listening to the passionate way he plays his guitar every evening out on his balcony. And there's something about Sydney that Ridge can't ignore, either. When their inevitable encounter happens, they soon find themselves needing each other in more ways than one...

Original music created for Maybe Someday by musician Griffin Peterson can be accessed through the website listed in the ebook and paperback.


It's been a Colleen Hoover kind of week for me.  A couple days ago I reviewed Ugly Love, and I was blown away.  Immediately after I read Maybe Someday and again, I'm blown away.  I'm officially a Colleen Hoover fan, and I need MORE!!!



First of all, I love Sydney, the heroine in this book.  She throws actual punches and hits actual people, and I love that burst of aggression.  Not that violence is the answer, but sometimes you have to listen to your Id, and take control of the situation. And Sydney has very good reason to punch these people.  When I think of the ultimate betrayal, it definitely makes me want to lash out.  And aside from that, Sydney is a funny girl.  She's sweet and caring.  She's trying to be independent, and I love all of this about her.

Unfortunately, it's hard to be independent without much money, and that's where her very new friend, Ridge, comes in.  First of all, hella cool name dude.  Second, OMG, he's so freaking .... awesome.  I love Ridge.  There are times you think he is standoffish and cool, but once you get to know him, once he opens up, it's like the skies part and you hear angels of hotness singing above. Ridge is talented.  He's shy yet open, he's reserved and caring and thoughtful.  Colleen Hoover can definitely write a leading man to make you swoon, that's for fucking sure.

Houston, we have a problem.  There's not actually a way for Sydney and Ridge to be together.  It's a bit complicated for them, but they are adults and they act like they are actually mature adults.  However, I was not so much the mature adult (joke!)  I wanted to yell at Colleen Hoover as soon as I found out.  It made me so sad!  Love that can't be allowed to bloom... it's like the dandelion that decides it is goign to grow within the sidewalk crack.  Nothing can stop it. I knew almost nothing about this book before I read it, but all I did know is that if there wasn't an HEA at the end, I'd be shattered.

Little did I know that this book was going to shatter me over and over.  I wanted to flip to the end so bad, to find out what happens.  But I held my willpower in check, I rode the ride. This book was a rollercoaster of emotion.  It was just astounding.  This author definitely knows how to hook you in and keep you wide eyed attentive.  And I know you've heard other people talk about the soundtrack to this book - they are right!!!  I wasn't going to listen, I wanted to refuse to be pulled into that.  Thank god I gave it a chance because the soundtrack is just so soulful and perfect, and absolutely fitting the story.  It more than enhanced it, the soundtrack brought it to life.

Read this book if you haven't.  There are so many soul-deep heart clenching touching scenes... This one has to go on my favorites list, and my "books to re-read" list.  I can't say enough good things about this story!





Previous Posts on Fictional Candy
Review - Ugly Love

Buy It!

Fictional Candy