News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Review: Everything For Us by M Leighton

Title: Everything For Us
Series: Bad Boys #3
Author: M. Leighton
Published: To be released Sept 3, 2013 - Penguin
Format: Ebook provided by Penguin & NetGalley - Thank  you!!!!!

When it comes to passion this hot, it’s all or nothing.

Olivia Townsend’s wealthy cousin Marissa had everything a girl could ask for—a great job, a privileged life, and all the friends she wanted. Or, at least, all the friends money could buy. But one case of mistaken identity has turned her privileged world upside down.

An abduction gone wrong lands her right in the lap of the sexiest, most dangerous man she’s ever met. To Marissa, he’s an enigma, but one to whom she’s irresistibly, inexplicably drawn.

With him comes a new world of freedom and passion, of dark shadows and dangerous secrets, a world where nothing is what it seems—except for the blind passion that Marissa can’t escape—or maybe even survive.



A while ago Naomi from Nomi’s Paranormal Palace turned me on to M Leighton and her Bad Boys series. I devoured the first two books! I mean seriously, they consumed me – I couldn’t get enough. And then I got wind of the third book, Everything For Us, and I began hunting down leads so I could get in early on this. I was that eager, I definitely didn’t think I could wait until it was released. Luckily, the reading fates were shining down on me. Thanks to Penguin and NetGalley, I was able to review a copy. And you know what? This book was just as amazing as the first two.

First – let me say this and let me be crystal clear – if you don’t want to ruin the surprise do not read beyond this point. I’ll even put the page break in here so newsletter subscribers don’t get spoiled. The first two books are imperative!! If you don't mind some minor talk, then please read on!



Ok, with that said, let’s get to business – shall we?

OMG!!!!! This story is about Marissa and Nash!!! I’m going to be honest –I didn’t like either one of them in the previous books. Marissa was a pompous arrogant bitch, and Nash was running for “Asshole of the Year”. But in this book, each of them turned it around so completely, I think I might even like them more than Olivia and Cash. Yep. I said it.

I like Marissa and Nash more than Olivia and Cash.

Here’s why: they grew. Yes, Olivia and Cash grew, but comparatively they had nowhere near the mountains to contend with that Marissa and Nash did. Let’s start with Marissa. She was a horrible person. She didn’t care about anyone, let alone Olivia who was flesh and blood. Anyone remember what happened at the gallery? Yeah, Marissa was stone cold. But then she got kidnapped, and well, life changed for her. It had to. How do you go through something like that and not change? So right off the bat, in Everything For Us, Marissa is going through this metamorphosis. She realizes what she was, and that she needs to change. I don’t care what you say, that’s not an easy thing to do. And she is simple beautiful, and I don’t mean looks. To get a peek inside her thought process, to see how she really feels – how things affect her… it was emotion I wasn’t expecting. Yes, I loved Marissa. And by the end of this book, I’d felt like I was on a rollercoaster with her – one hell of a “worth the ride” rollercoaster that had me putting her at the top of my list!

So Nash? Well yeah, you’d think his “resurrection” would leave me floundering and drooling all over myself. But no way. He was treating Cash like it was all Cash’s fault; he was being brutal with everyone around him. Yeah – we get it dude, you definitely got a short end of the stick – but hey, at least you got part of the stick! And the beginning of this book starts a bit rough for him. He’s still the old Nash. But this hard as nails and sexy as sin man is a freaking Alpha Male Brick house Butterfly! Marissa isn’t the only one who realizes the past doesn’t have to define the future. And there were some instances when I would have totally wanted to slap Nash upside his gorgeous head for the pigheaded way he was acting. But then he would do something, a little of this or a little of that, and I’d get to see inside his mind from is point of view, and I realized he is going through as much trauma as everyone else. Yep, by the time the book was done, I was full on Team Nash.

Heat – if you’ve read the Bad Boys, you know M Leighton packs in some SERIOUS HEAT. I mean, this woman does not let up. And believe me; she doesn’t stop that in this book. Let me just say that I will never view beer the same, and I loved every minute of the entire book. Marissa and Nash get it on down and dirty. Ol’ Nash even displays some dominant tendencies (ummm, DUHHHH). Marissa is seductive and sultry. And the two of them together are better than any fireworks show.

M Leighton also packs in the action in this book. If you’ve read the other two, you know the scoop. There are the good guys, and the bad guys. And of course we want the good guys to win. But you don’t know if they really will when you are reading along. You think, “Oh man! This sucks for them!” There were several times I even wondered if this person or that person was really true about their intentions. Definitely a mystery involved.

So do I recommend this series? Abso-fucking-lutely!!! But do not – I repeat – DO NOT read them out of order. You will be lost. And it is so beyond worth it to start from the beginning, trust me.


Find M Leighton Online

Previous Posts on Fictional Candy