News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Review: Safeword: Matte by Candace Blevins


Title: Safeword: Matte
Series: Safeword #3
Author: Candace Blevins
Published:  March 2012 by Excessica
Format: Won in a giveaway


Matte, pronounced mah-tay, is the word used in some forms of martial arts to stop a fight. It’s the Japanese word for stop or wait. Sam (short for Samantha) has made a hobby out of learning the various fighting disciplines, but she also happens to be a sexual submissive. What better safeword than matte?

Sam wants to find someone to submit to who she can’t beat in a fight. She’s tried to make it work with men from the scene who know nothing about fighting, but it doesn’t feel real to her – she needs someone who can truly control her. However, after dating from the fight scene and discovering not all guys like to spank their girlfriends, she’s decided to just back away from the whole dating thing for a while… until Fate decides to step in.

Safeword: Matte is a stand-alone book. You do not need to have read the previous books in this series.

Warning: This title contains graphic language, consensual BDSM, bondage, and use of toys including crops, clamps, canes, and floggers.

I was completely blown away by Sam and Ethan. Seriously, I was not expecting their story to go the way that it did. Safeword: Matte is definitely one to read if you enjoy BDSM stories!

First we meet Samantha. And you know, at first I didn’t really like her. I felt like she had “issues”. To start, she describes her sexual preferences as “warped and twisted” and she seemed to have a thing about people being grown up. It kind of irked me. But then once she starts spending some time around Ethan she softens a bit. She shows this vulnerable side that really made her a more real character for me. And by the end I was in appreciation of her quirks and attention to detail, her strength in general. It just took giving her a chance to show herself.

As for Ethan, well, I liked him right from the start. He was cocky and a bit arrogant. And a 6’5” brick friggin wall. Oh yeah, this man is a cage fighter. Niiiiice. And you know what, he has green eyes!! So many stories I read lately seem to have the male with blue eyes, just the fact that he was green eyed stood out to me. LOL, I don’t know, call it my own quirk, I suppose. Ethan also has some um, ahem, rather impressive attributes. But his attractive qualities don’t end there. The man is a sexy dichotomy. Hard yet tender; demanding yet generous. Honestly, he’s my favorite type of leading man, and I bet you will like him too.

Sam and Ethan both have a secret, and their secrets are about to crash into eachother. And what comes after is sublime. The standout scene in this book that will have everyone talking involves a thunderstorm. Let me say just three words about that scene: OH.MY.GOD. Seriously.

All in all, this story was a magnificent surprise. It was rough and sensual and tender and hot. If you are into this genre, I definitely think you should check it out. As for me, I’m racing to my next Safeword book. I have a couple up on deck, now its just to choose which one is next…

Find Candace Online