News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Review: Infected by James Schannep (A Click Your Poison Book)


Title: Infected (A Click Your Poison Book)
Series: No
Author: James Schannep
Tour: No
Published: September 2012
Format: Ebook provided by author for review

3 Unique Storylines. Over 50 Possible Endings. Just one question... Will YOU Survive the Zombie Apocalypse?

Here’s how it works: You, Dear Reader, are the main character of this story. Live, die, and rise again based solely on the merit of your own choices. Each link represents a choice, and there’s no going back, so choose wisely.

Everyone has their plan; what they’d do to survive if and when the zombie apocalypse happens. Now you can see how you’d hold up against the legions of undead—without needing to call the CDC because crazed bath salts users are trying to eat your face off.

"Infected. Is. So. Good." -- A girl just like you.

"Holy $#*% this is awesome!" -- A guy more or less like you.

Like the gamebooks popular in the 1980s-90s (Choose Your Own Adventure, Give Yourself Goosebumps, etc), this is a series where you choose how to progress through the book. Unlike any others, this is the first series designed specifically for adults. And as an ebook, you simply click your choice and the story flows forward for you. No flipping pages.

Get INFECTED!

Well I’ll be damned. I just might not survive the zombie apocalypse, at least if anything James Schannep says is right. I kept trying, I died like seven times. And it was completely awesome (and different!!) every time!

If you are a fan of God games or old school choose your path games, this is definitely the game for you. Gilgazyme is the new anti-aging gene therapy that’s all the rage! Do you take it or not?

I tried several different paths in this book. I took the therapy, and I didn’t on other times. I infiltrated the big pharm Resident Evil style (and ended up pushing up daisies…). I bugged out, I bugged in. I made friends, I declared war on everyone. Every single adventure I went on was completely awesome!

This book was a lot of fun! I hadn’t read anything like this before on my kindle, and it was perfect. Each time it was a short read, which I think mostly was my fault at times haha.

And to sum it up, one thing we should keep in mind:

“Your bragging, both in person and online, to anyone who would listen will be your undoing.”

Oh yeah. That’s me.

*Choose Your Own Adventure® is now a registered trademark of Chooseco, LLC, and is not associated in any way with Click Your Poison™ books.

Follow James Online...