News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Review: Decadent Deceptions by Keta Diablo


Title: Decadent Deceptions
Series: No
Author: Keta Diablo
Published: 2008 by Keta Diablo
Format: Ebook provided by author for review
Tour: No

Special Content Alert: Voyuerism 
A 2008  RWAMolly Contest Finalist – Erotica category



Desperate to win Morgan’s love, Olivia Breedlove embarks on a reckless folly of cat and mouse. Morgan stays one step ahead of the woman he's loved for years, more so when he discovers the road Olivia travels is strewn with duplicity and murder.

A decade ago, Morgan was a heartbeat away from taking Olivia’s virginity. Her father, Thaddeus, intervened and threatened to meet him over pistols if he ever looked at his daughter again. 

Thaddeus is dead now, and Morgan will not ignore the ravenous hunger he’s harbored for the woman. One way or the other, he will quench this burning desire and make Olivia his forever.


When you drive through your neighborhood and people have their windows open, do you look inside?  I don’t mean peeping tom, but more just passing interest as you drive by?  How do they have their furniture set up?  What are they watching on tv?  And just what are they doing???  I do.  I have a bit of a voyeur in me, so I was not surprised at all when I loved Decadent Deceptions.

Keta Diablo had it right when she named this book Decadent, because my-oh-my, it surely is.   This story takes us back to Georgia in 1856.  Olivia Breedlove just discovered that her father’s last will and testament orders her married within six months if she wants to inherit her portion of the estate.  But Olivia is no blushing violet, she is a modern thinking woman – and she intends to find a loophole.   And boy, does she! And it includes a few visits to the local madame’s to see if she can learn a thing or two - and she enlists the help of her brother, Cain, and her neighbor, Morgan (whom she is secretly in love with, by the way)  I thought Olivia was very enigmatic.  She’s a young woman, struggling against the confines of the times.  But she is also intelligent and a bit audacious, and I really enjoyed reading about her different antics and angsts through the story.

But what good would a historical erotic romance be if there were no secrets?  Trust me, this story has more secrets than you could shake a stick at! Whodunit? Who is going to do it?  And who wants to do it??

Let’s talk about her neighbor, Morgan.  Morgan is a bit of a playboy, he’s very wealthy, a tad manipulative, and positively head over heels for Olivia.  And he is just beyond wonderful.  Even when I suspected him of something horrible, I found myself rationalizing and finding a way to keep on loving him.  At times I thought he was insane, and others I just knew it.

Treachery and debauchery are all around in this story, and it was perfect.  Someone is murdering people, and Keta makes sure you suspect everyone – I just love that!  And Morgan and his blasted teasing!! This is why it is a good thing I was not around back then, because I don’t think I could have stopped myself from jumping all over that man.  There was definitely a lot of events in this story to keep me engaged and entertained.

The characters in this story are very colorful and vivid, and they were so much fun.   I really loved every single page.  And on top of all that it was hot and steamy, full of delicious teasing, with some extra additions of mystery.  I am new to Keta’s writing, but I can absolutely see why she has such a loyal following – now plus one more.  This is one of those stories I could see myself reading over and over because it was just so much fun to be along for the ride.  If you like erotic historical romance, then this is definitely a book you should check out!  You know, a book doesn't get over 25 Five Star Reviews for no reason!


Available here:

 
FOLLOW KETA'S KEEP