News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Review: No Flowers Required by Cari Quinn


Title: No Flowers Required
Series: Love Required, Book Two
Author: Cari Quinn
Published: August 2012, Entangled Publishing
Format: Ebook received from Entangled for review

He’ll give her everything she desires...except his identity.

Flower shop owner Alexa Conroy had it all before the recession hit and her customers fled to cheaper shopping grounds. Desperate to make ends meet, she sells her dream home and moves into the rundown apartments above her shop. When she spots six feet of sexy distraction—complete with muscles, piercings, and tattoos—ripping up flooring, Alexa knows the karmic windfall she’s due just landed on her doorstep.

And the attraction’s definitely not one-sided.

Dillon James, reluctant heir to the corporation about to foreclose on Alexa’s shop, is not about to jeopardize their scorching chemistry by admitting he’s not the building’s handyman. But with only weeks until her business goes under and his identity is revealed, Dillon must find a way to convince Alexa cooperation isn’t a dirty word, help her save the shop from his brother’s greed, and persuade her that he’s not the enemy...or risk losing the only woman who’s seen the real him.

Hmmm… Where do I begin?  Never having read anything from Cari Quinn before, I was a bit apprehensive.  Would the writing be sickly sweet?  For some reason this felt like a real concern to me.  Needless concern, apparently.  Cari’s writing is fabulous.  She really knows how to relate the story to the reader in such a way that I felt every sweat bead, every rain drop, every muffin crumb tumble.  I was mad as hell when the pipes leaked, and I lost all brain power when I saw the sexy guy tearing up flooring in the apartment down the hall.  I am a definite new fan, and I will be checking out more of her books soon.  If you have any suggestions for me, let me know!  Her writing has a lot of humor, that special smart ass tone that I love so much. 

Alexa and Dillon… Dillon and Alexa… K-I-S-S-I-N-G!  Whew, these  two, I tell ya… I loved both of these characters, and I wanted them both to find that complete happiness within each other.  The story is told in both of their POV, so you get the full story on what is happening.  You understand their fears, sadness, and rejoice with their joys.

Alexa is kind of down on her luck after being on top of the world.  She’s just moved into a shabby apartment that seems to be falling apart just as quick as she is.  She might be down, but she is not out.  And luckily she finds the handyman right away so she can get these blasted repairs done in her apartment. 

Dillon… Dillon is the handyman who is hot, has tattoos and an affinity for copper accessories.  He’s tough looking, but you know there is more than meets the eye when he sets his gaze on you.   And apparently there is even more than that, cause this man is keeping some big secrets.  But the guy has a heart as big as Texas and I just want to hug him for all that he puts himself through internally.  He knows his secrets are going to cause everyone pain, but he has an end goal in sight, you see.  And sometimes that goal is bigger than satisfying your own needs.

                “Change was coming.  Time to seize the day, and everything that came with it.”

I feel like I am struggling with this review, trying to not give too much away.  Truth is, I just want to go over all the details and see what you thought.  That would be a good way to end my blog though, I suppose!  This book has some of the most sensual and riveting scenes I’ve read in a while.  Even though I am afraid of heights, I feel like I am going to spend a lot more time on rooftops looking for my own Dillon James.   In my notes for this book I doodled.  What did I doodle?  I doodled Dillon James with hearts around his name. 



This book has some sex scenes that will just melt you to a little puddle of goo on the floor.  Seriously.  The fire between these two is white hot, and I couldn’t get enough.  Over and over I felt like I was reading something new and fresh.   The drama and troubles that arise feel like mountains, and I found myself being so sad when things went south.  Not just for Dillon, but for Alexa.  I wanted them to be happy together. The emotions were high and heart felt.  The scenery was superb and tangible.  If you want a romance to curl your toes and hug your heart in a tattooed sexy beast of an embrace, then I definitely think you should read this book.

Follow Cari Quinn Online



No Flowers Required


Click Banner to View Complete Tour Schedule