News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Monday, October 8, 2012

Interview with Gabrielle Bisset, author of Blood Spirit, A Sons of Navarus Novel


Blood Spirit
A Sons of Navarus Novel
Gabrielle Bisset

The Sons of Navarus series continues...

I am everything you seek. 
I am vampire. 


Blessed with the gift of telepathy, Terek always knows what a woman wants. His gift has afforded him nightly sensual pleasures and exotic treats for centuries, but beneath the surface he yearns for much more. 

Ilona can give him what his soul craves, but only if he trusts his heart. One fateful choice made out of desire puts all he cares for in danger. With a civil war and the threat of Archon hunters at every turn, this Son may lose everything if he can't find the balance between heart and mind.



Blood Spirit



Hello Gabrielle!  Nice to see you again! 
Thanks, Liz! It's great to be back here again.

First, can you tell us all a little bit about this tour?
It's five weeks of celebration of Blood Spirit, the third book in the Sons of Navarus series. Each week there will be prizes and at the end there will be three grand prizes. Be sure to read through the interview to the end for the details.

And since Halloween is coming up at the end of your tour, what do you think your vampires will do to celebrate?  Do you see a costume party in their future? (And of course, what do you think their costumers would be??)
I'm trying to imagine Vasilije or Saint in a costume. I think for Vasilije it might be something tongue-in-cheek like Jack Sparrow, but Saint might go for the scary vampire look. He has a dark sense of humor. Now Terek...he'd do something sexy. I don't even think he tries to be sexy. He just is. As for Ramiel and Thane, they'd be too busy with the Prophecy to party, but Dante would definitely be up for a good time, as always. He'd probably do something silly or clownish since he's such a joker. And Sion and Nico might show up, but it's likely Sion wouldn't do a costume. He's the Ice Man among the Sons, the most serious of them all.

So Gabrielle, I’m sure this one is tough, do you have a favorite among your characters?  And why, of course?
My street team, Gabrielle's Goddesses, got to asking me that one day. I fall in love with each Son as I write him, so it's impossible to say I love just one. They're like Lay's—you can't have just one. (There's a dirty joke in there somewhere...;)

And now, Blood Spirit was just released in September.  What can you tell us about Terek and his story?
Terek is the most mystical and spiritual of all the Sons. A monk when he was turned vampire, he's passionate about everything he does. If he believes in something, he's in all the way. As a vampire sire, he's been prolific, to say the least, siring thousands of vampires, mostly females. But his newest vampire, Ilona, isn't like the others and worst of all, his telepathic power that's helped him seduce women for centuries doesn't work on her. Terek is forced to deal with her the old-fashioned way—with his heart.

And of course, Blood Prophecy is coming out later this year.  That cover is superb, gotta love a man in chains.  Any hints you can give us about him?
Bad ass.  Ramiel is one of the two Sons in charge of trying to figure out the prophecy, so his story is going to be important. But this former Visigoth warrior is a hard one, so whoever his heroine is, she'll have to be something pretty incredible.

Surprise!  Your books are being made into a movie (we can only hope!).  Who are your actor choices for some of your characters?
The Goddesses and I struggled with this a while back when another interviewer asked the same question. Each reader has their own idea of what the Sons would look like, but here's what we came up with. Some are actors, but some are models. Let's hope they can act. LOL

Vasilije:  Michael Fassbender (think with darker hair...to be honest, I can't think of another actor who could do Vasilije's sensuality justice.)
Saint:  Alexander Skarsgard (that was a Goddesses choice)
Terek:  Tyler Hoechlin (model)
Ramiel: Sergey Krapiva (Russian model)
Thane: Henry Cavil (my editor suggested him—thinks he has that sweet and kind look Thane has.)
Sion: Cam Gigandet (actor who has a great cool look)
Dante: Kellan Letz (another great Goddesses choice)
Nico: Michael Anderson (a model who actually is the inspiration for Nico as I write him)

Ok, on to some other subjects… Social Media.  Like, Love, Loathe?  Do you have a favorite?
I wonder if I'm using social media correctly more often than not, so it's not a like, love, or loathe issue but an Am I doing this right? issue.

If you weren’t a writer or a professor, what job would you like to do?
I love the outdoors, so I think a job doing some kind of historical research of landscapes or gardens would be really nice. I don't think I'd want to give up the historical part of my work, but a change of scenery would be nice.

And speaking of jobs, Gabrielle, how do you balance teaching and writing?
Well, I sometimes don't. At the beginning of the semester, my writing always suffers from neglect because I have so much going on at school. And then during the summer, I neglect teaching because I want to get so much writing in. I'm still working on the balance thing, I guess, but I write at night, so it's just a matter of making the time all the time.

Do you have any exciting or special projects coming up that you can share with us all?
I've begun a series of free shorts at my website that will be related to the Sons of Navarus. First up is a short with Hades, the god of the Underworld, who's set to make his debut in the Sons series soon. After that, readers can expect to see shorts about Vasilije (pre-Sasa days...;), Thane, and Saint and Solenne's early days. I'm also thinking I might do some non-romantic shorts about the Sons to give readers a more fuller picture of them. I like to think of them as extra scenes from the stories. And Book #4 of the Sons of Navarus series, Blood Prophecy, will be coming out next. I don't have a release date yet, but I'm hard at work on it.

Since we are all consumed by books, I have to ask:  Do you have a favorite author or book? 
I'm a huge fan of Marie Treanor. Her Awakened By Blood series is just so interesting. She writes a delicious vamp!

And something kind of fun, if you could bring any character from any book (yours or someone else’s), who would it be and why?  What do you think they’d do first?
There are so many choices! One of my vampires from my Sons series or Amon from my book Destiny Redeemed would be terrific to spend time with. One of those divine BDB boys...well, who's kidding here? There's only one I'd want to meet and that's Vishous. And then there are other characters from classical books, such as Holden Caulfield, who would be interesting for a little while. Or the Greek and Roman gods...I can't imagine how exciting that would be!

And ahem, the most important question.  Do you think Vasilije would go out with me??
Vasilije is always up for a good time. He does has Sasa, but if you've read Blood Spirit...uh-oh, I don't want to give too much away.

Gabrielle, as always, this has been a lot of fun talking to you.  I’m very excited to follow the rest of your tour.  Thank you for taking the time out for this interview!
Thanks so much, Liz! It's great being back at Fictional Candy!

I hope readers will visit my blog to enter the Blood Spirit/Sons of Navarus Paranormal Fall Fling giveaway. There will be weekly prizes and grand prizes at the end of the fling, including gift cards, ebooks, and Sons of Navarus swag. Visit http://gbisset.blogspot.com/p/paranormal-fall-fling.htmlfor all the details on how to enter!