News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Friday, October 16, 2015

Prisoner Of Love by Cathy Skendrovich (Review)

Title: Prisoner Of Love
Series: Standalone
Author: Cathy Skendrovich
Release Date; October 19, 2015 - Entangled
Format: EGalley
Pages: 171 per Amazon

Risking his own life is one thing. Risking hers is another...

It was supposed to be a girls-only weekend in the California mountains. But when Lucy Parker is carjacked by an escaped prisoner, her fun weekend takes a nighmarish turn. Now she's caught up in a dangerous world of stolen money, vicious drug dealers, and murder, and the only thing keeping her alive is her oh-so-hot captor.

Imprisoned for a crime he didn't commit, undercover cop Jake Dalton wants answers-now. Worse, he's dragged Lucy into the mix, and she's now guilty by association. With their lives on the line, the race is on to get to Las Vegas before they're killed...and they're running out of time.


Prisoner Of Love was a pretty good book.  It was also nothing that I was expecting.



I guess I thought this would be more of a dark romance.  It really wasn't.  It was very contemporary and mainstream.  That doesn't mean it was bad, it just wasn't what I was expecting.  Once I got over that notion, I feel I was able to enjoy this book for what it was - fun and action filled.

So from the blurb you can see that Lucy is carjacked by an prison escapee.  That was pretty exciting, and I loved how Lucy stood up to the criminal while also doing as she was told.  Like save your own life, but also let him see the fire.

I don't know.  There was a bit of insta-love, which I suppose was fueled by adrenalin.  When "Nicky" comes clean, and lets Lucy know he is really Jake, and a cop, it's like she feels "Oh, ok, he's not bad, so I can love him!" While it was sweet and cute, it was a bit fast for the situation.

Jake was an interesting character.  First, there's the whole undercover cop thing, plus it seems like someone was possibly framing him.  Now the big bad drug boss is after him.   This all leads up to some exciting car chases and showdowns.

All in all, I enjoyed the book.  I didn't feel like it was very deep, definitely more of a light read.  But it was fun and action packed, so if that's your thing then definitely give it a try.

Prisoner Of Love on Goodreads
Cathy Skendrovich on Goodreads
Website
Twitter
Facebook

Buy It!
Prisoner Of Love on AMAZON