News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Love Unspoken by Lisa DeJong (Review)

Title: Love Unspoken
Series: Flawed Love #2
Author: Lisa DeJong
Released: October 19, 2015
Format: Ebook received for review
Pages: 252 per Amazon

I lent my heart to the bad boy, and he did exactly what I expected he would. He broke it.

And the guy I should have been with—he’s still here. He tries to take my mind off everything I’ve lost while showing me what I could have. I’m ready for a new start, to fall in love again … to do what I should have done in the first place.

Everything seems perfect.

Then the past comes walking back in. I thought I was over him, but one look and I know that’s not true. We went through too much together for those feelings to completely fade away.

When my past and present collide, how am I supposed to choose? They both love me, and I love them.

A heart will be broken … and it could be mine.


Well, yep.  I should have read book one, Lies Unspoken.  I didn't realized how closely related the two books were, and I think coming into Love Unspoken blindly definitely shaded my view on the subject.



So apparently, Lila and Blake were accidental roommates.  I love those types of stories.  Well, one thing lead to another, and they had a thing going on.  Then it seems as if Blake took off without a word.  Douche move.  Love Unspoken catches up with Lila, I think about 6 months later.  She is just now starting to get herself back together, that's how hard it hit her.  She's got a fab job, fab friends, and whoa - suddenly there is a new man in the pic.  Ok, not a new man.  Apparently Pierce was around quite  a bit in the first book, but he wasn't the one who held Lila's heart.

In this book Lila gives him a chance.  And I like it.  He seems to really care for her, and it's hot and sexy.  Pierce is A1 in my book.  Things are going great - and then Blake comes back.

And this is where I had the problem.  In this book Lila got with Pierce pretty quick.  Like it was "whoa is me" and then suddenly "whoa it's Pierce"  and then not too long after "Whoa it's Blake".

Ok lady.  Quit jumping ship. I didn't like Lila. She felt flighty.  I didn't like Blake, he seems like a douchebag-extraordinaire. I loved Pierce, he seemed real and genuine.

I also loved Lisa DeJong's style of writing.  She was very easily able to bring me into the story.  Quite a feat, considering I didn't like 2/3 of the main characters.

So if you give this book a chance, I'd say definitely read book one first.  I can't say for sure, but I am guessing it probably lays the groundwork for the emotions that present themselves in this book.  I just wasn't feeling them.  There are some pretty heavy and heartbreaking subjects in this book that I felt were glossed over, but I think they have been more of a larger part of the first book.  Kind of felt like I was thrown into the fire - my fault.

 Lisa De Jong is a wife, mother and full-time number cruncher who lives in the Midwest. Her writing journey involved insane amounts of coffee and many nights of very little sleep but she wouldn't change a thing. She also enjoys reading, football and music.


Buy Them!