News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Friday, October 18, 2013

Nikki Noffsinger Interviews Nyx, from Cursed Awakening


Cursed Awakening
Nikki Noffsinger

Ivy Morgan has re-invented herself and is looking forward to the future for the first time, in a very long time. Since fleeing for her life from an overzealous religious cult, she is able to be a modern woman that is gaining her independence; so taking up with a sexy stranger named Nyx is the last thing she needs. Or, is it?

Nyx Wahpeton can’t stop thinking about the young woman he’s met. It couldn’t have come at the worse possible time with the clans meeting and his family wrapped up in a centuries old war that’s nothing short of what horror movies are made from. He’s been a protector of his people and those that reside at the Reservation. There’s betrayal and evil at his front door; but, in his heart he knows Ivy is the one for him. She’s surrounded by secrets that he’s vowed to unlock, as well as her heart. However, can he keep her safe from his own secrets?

Happy Friday!!  Today I have Nikki Noffsinger to the blog, with an interview she did with mc Nyx.  It's pretty awesome!!  Hope you enjoy :)
*Liz



         

Nikki Noffsinger: Hi Nyx, I see you got your Skype up and going. How have you and Ivy been?

(Nyx looks into the camera a bit awkward at first before two of his brothers run in and moon the web cam before being chased out by an older woman with a broom)

NW1: For the moment I’m wondering why my parents didn’t eat their young.
(Laughter comes from both echo through the computer speakers)

NN: Oh, I think we all have at least one of those in every family.

NW1: Yeah, well I have four; I think we are over our quota. (He laughs before continuing) Ivy and I are doing great! She rocks my world and has been showing my brothers up lately, so naturally, we all adore her. It’s hard to believe that just over a year ago, I was ribbing Xander for being such a lovesick pup, and here I am…a totally wrapped around Ivy’s finger.
NN: Well I am glad to hear things are going so great for you both. I have some questions from some readers if you don’t mind answering them. I promise you they’re quite painless.

NW1: Sure, I’ll answer anything that I can. Shoot!

NN: Okay, all the way from Nova Scotia, Canada, Denyse B. asks, “What’s it like shifting into a wolf?”

NW1: You know I have never thought about it really. As children we shift naturally in between forms and it’s like any other reflex. I guess if I had to compare it to anything it would be like making the decision to run or walk. I simply think and the next thing I know I’m a wolf. My grandfather, Night Horse says that our animal spirits are one with our own. Being in my wolf form is indescribable. Its freedom and experiencing the world through a different perspective, you know.

NN: Sounds pretty cool! Any cons to being a wolf?

NW1: Well aside from having to worry about things like hunters and chupas. Having to go shopping with my sisters and Ivy is more hazardous to my health than fighting off chupas. (laughs)

NN: (laughs) I think you might want to keep that one on the down low. Angela McIntire, from Inman, SC, wants to know, “Are you considering ever going professional with your art? Maybe open a gallery or something?”

NW1: (smiles shyly) No, I’ve never thought about it. I suppose I could. I love sketching and I’ve started painting, thanks in part to Ivy. A few months ago I painted a few landscapes and portraits to raise money for New Hope and for the Native American Heritage Association, which helps feed, educate, and preserving the Native American Indian ways of life that is lacking in many reservations throughout the country. My family works hard to keep New Hope thriving and not a lot of reservations have that. Many are in severe poverty and are basically slums. Our country has to do more for those who live either on or outside of reservations. Our history has to be preserved.

NN: That sounds great that your family is trying to get the word out and help spread awareness about the plight of the Native American people of our country. It is really sad to hear that reservations are in so much need. What can people, like me and the readers do?

NW1: Well first off, educate yourselves. Next, write letters to your elected state and federal officials. Spread the word. Next, if you can, donate to organizations like Native American Heritage Association and NRC, both help out reservations nationwide. Another thing one can do is support Native American businesses, performing arts, writers, and don’t buy into anything that exploits Native American culture. Just remember, there’s nothing wrong with buying a jewelry or a pot from someone’s shop or whatever, but what’s wrong is having the mindset that there’s not been hours of hard work that went into that item and that the person who made it, even if it’s food; someone is trying to feed their family and they deserve to be paid a fair price for it.

NN: Those are some really great tips, and I’m sure the readers will keep them in mind. I got tons of questions, but I’ll only ask one more. This one comes from Canada again, Elizabeth Smith-Babcock asks, “What is up with your two eldest sisters, Khloe and Lahni? One is a doctor and one is in a band?”

NW1: My sister Khloe is a doctor for White Water but she’s mated to Cinjin, who is psycho but she loves him and he’s kinda grown on all of us. Khloe and Cinjin are definitely polar opposites. She’s quiet, reserved, a little OCD, and loves watching the DIY channel. Cinjin, on the other hand, is loud, obnoxious, looks like he could be a cast member for Sons of Anarchy, lives for a good fight, and refuses to miss one episode of Full Throttle Saloon and Game of Thrones. I know it’s crazy, but some insane way-they fit. Personally, I don’t see what she sees in him, but she assures all of us she’s got him house trained. I almost believe her. The other day, Bodhi got up to pull on his boots and found they’d been pissed in. Cinjin seemed to be grinning a lot all morning at the noon meal. (Laughs hard) Lahni, (he sighs), now there’s a complicated tale right there. Lahni has always been the wild child and lately she’s been in a series of bad moods. I think it has a lot to do with Cinjin’s pack leader, Shiloh Red Cloud. Few people know this but for many years Shiloh lived right here and both he and Lahni were quit close growing up. Then he left when his father died, and it’s like the two of them can’t stand to be in the same room with each other. (There’s a noise in the background and he winces) Well I hate to cut this short but something is going on down stairs. It’s been nice chatting with you, and I hope we can do it again soon! Tell all your readers thanks for the questions and keep them coming.

NN: Thanks Nyx and tell everyone I said “Hi!”

NW1: No prob and will do. Here are some pictures.

                        
Night Horse Wahpeton      








                  My mother and grandma-   We miss her!
My brother Dakota





                                                                                   

                             We call him Prince Lovely Locks     



                                                                   
 Big sister Khloe, even though she’s “elf” at barely 5ft 2in.


 Her big lunkhead of a mate, Cinjin          



and the best for last, the girl who holds my heart and soul, my Ivy. 










To learn more about author Nikki Noffsinger stop by her official web page and blog:
                                                                http://nikkinoffsinger.webs.com/