News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Playlist & Giveaway: Cover Spell by TA Foster

Cover Spell
T.A. Foster

Trying her best to mend a broken heart, Ivy Grace travels to hot and sultry New Orleans, the set of her latest novel turned movie. There, she does her best to focus on polishing up the screenplay when the film's lead actress goes missing. Throw in a budding romance with the movie's heartthrob and the reappearance of an old flame, and Ivy's strength, resolve, and heart are put to the test as she works to solve the mysterious kidnapping.

The undercover witch, who craves a regular life, learns she will need more than her Time Spell to fight the evil plaguing New Orleans. New spells, new adventure, and new love take Ivy on a whirlwind journey of magic that unlocks more questions than answers.


Hey everyone!  Today I have a fun post for you - a playlist!  I don't know all of these songs, but I definitely know some.  Like The Band Perry? I just love love love them!  Hope you enjoy the post!  What do you think?  Is this going to get added to your TBR?



by T.A. Foster
Like most authors, music is an integral part of my writing process. I will literally play the same song over and over until I have a scene written exactly how I want it. I put together the playlist that I primarily used to write Cover Spell with a little background on how important these songs were to me while I wrote the second book.

Fade Into Darkness Avicii
This song felt like a good in between scene song. The lyrics do have a very relatable translation when I think about Ivy’s Time Spell.

Blurred Lines Robin Thicke
I know this song became “the song of the summer,” but I was listening to it in April when I was writing the Easy Eddies dance sequence for Ivy.

Hey Pretty Girl Kip Moore and Good Night for Dancing Josh Abbott Band
Evan Carlson loves country music. These songs fit perfectly with Evan’s style when he and Ivy have their moment on the dance floor.

Back to Me Without You The Band Perry
Every girl has a breakup song. This one resonated for Ivy when she first arrived in New Orleans.

Padam Padam and La Vie En Rose Edith Piaf
I needed some authentic French tunes that would help create Josette’s mood in my head as I wrote her scenes with Luke. There’s no one better than Edith Piaf for that.

A Friend of Yours Frank Sinatra
This Sinatra song was recorded in 1945. The lyrics were fitting with the secret relationship that Luke and Josette maintained. It was nice to have Blue Eyes in the playlist mix.

Come & Get It Selena Gomez
Ivy has a moment when she is determined to get what she wants. This song helped me create her sassy attitude for that scene.

Let Him Fly Dixie Chicks
This is an oldie from my own collection. Sometimes you need a good breakup song to help channel the characters’ emotions.

See You Again Carrie Underwood
I heard this one day when I was writing dialogue for Ivy and it brought the scene together.







T.A. Foster is a Southern girl whose heart and spirit are connected to the beach. She grew up catching rays and chasing waves along the North Carolina Outer Banks and now resides in the state with her adventurous pilot husband, two children and two canine kiddos.

Her long love affair with books started at an early age, and as soon as she was able, she transformed imaginative stories into words on paper. Time Spell is T.A.’s debut novel, and the first in a series about a very adventurous, clever, and magical girl named Ivy.

T.A. has an undergraduate degree in Journalism and Mass Communication from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and a graduate degree in Educational Psychology from Texas A&M University. When she’s not chasing her two-legged and four-legged children or trying to escape for date night, you can find her reading, writing or planning her next beach trip.