News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Review: The Knight Of The Rose by AM Hudson



Title: The Knight Of The Rose
Author: AM Hudson
Format: Ebook, personal purchase
Published: March 2012























Love was only the beginning of her nightmares. 


When Ara discovered the existence of vampires, she was given the choice between a life as one of them, or a life without her true love.


But fate has a funny way of making choices for you. 


After breaking the heart of the boy she loves with a truth he cannot bear, Ara will find herself in the arms of a predator who will steal her innocence and force the hand of fate. 


Will David Knight become her rescuer once again, or will he be too late?

Oh my goodness, what can I say about this book?  In the first book we met Ara and David, and they fell in love.  But like the blurb says, “fate has a funny way of making choices for you”.  In Knight Of The Rose the pair have a short time together, because David must leave.  Ara doesn’t want to give up her chances of having a family of her own – or seeing her deceased mother and brother in the afterlife, so she refuses to become a vampire with him.  But he can not stay.  And worse, now Mike is coming to visit from Australia.  If you’ve read book one, you’ll remember Mike is her best friend.  But possibly now a best friend turns into more?
He told me once, so long ago, that the touch of human skin to a vampire is like a thousand kisses of ecstasy; like satiating an eternal hunger with the warmth of one

This book… it had me in tears.  I was bawling like a baby.  There were several times I had to put it down, I couldn’t take the emotions it was giving me.  There were other times I literally stayed up so late that I got about two hours of sleep before work.  I am in love with these characters and this world that AM Hudson has created.  I want to crawl inside her head and live there, forever in peace with all of these people she has given us.  Well, except they aren’t in peace, not always.  Where is the fun in that??

I gushed over book one, and book two is no exception.  I have book 3, but I am trying to wait because it is just such an emotional read I felt a bit… dry afterwards.  You know what I mean?  Like when you’ve just used up everything you have on this journey – but in the best possible way.

David leaves in this book.  He has to.  He has no choice.  And I was so mad at him!!  How could he do that?  There is always a loophole, isn’t there?  And then Mike is there, and he is getting all too comfy, and I’m sure he is a good guy – but let me get this straight – I don’t like him.  I want him away from Ara.  Ara is this strong and gentle character, and she seems to have a hard time making her mind up.

I’m not going to go over the plot a million times in this book.  Firstly cause its second in the series and is not a standalone work, but secondly, because I want you to read it.  There is some very real danger in this book, something that happens that will just change everything.  And it also brings up more mystery.  This story is eerie, beautiful, romantic, heartbreaking and just perfect.  Read it.  Now.



I knew a love more perfect and more devastating than any other feeling I’ve ever had in my life, and I owe that to this man, who has very unfortunate timing. Our eyes met in a standstill of anguish and indecision. Neither of us could find the words to make everything okay—it would never be okay.



Previously Reviewed Titles By AM Hudson
Tears Of The Broken



*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Author Bio: 

A.M. Hudson started writing full-time after her third child. She lives a more than ordinary life in Australia with her husband and children. When she's not writing, she sings in a duo or can be found under a pile of books.



Website
Facebook
Twitter         


Right now you can get the first book, Tears of the Broken for FREE on Amazon!  Click HERE