News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Predator's Fire by Rosanna Leo - Interview & Excerpt


Predator's Fire
Gemini Island Shifters, #5
Rosanna Leo

When Nina Suzuki discovers the body of her best friend Janine, her world turns upside down. Things go from bad to worse when Janine’s corpse seems to transform into that of a large, brown wolf. For the first time, Nina is faced to confront all the clues indicating her BFF was not what she seemed. A letter from the dead woman opens Nina’s eyes to a strange, new world. The same letter warns of a sinister group called the Alpha Brethren, and urges her to find Killian Moon of the Ursa Fishing Lodge and Resort on Gemini Island.

Killian Moon is a jaguar shifter and teen mentor at the Ursa Lodge in Northern Ontario. He may be a comfort and inspiration to confused teen shifters, but he also has a fiery past. His past comes back to haunt him when human Nina arrives at the resort, demanding to speak with him. Demanding answers. Can he trust her with knowledge that will not only change her life, but possibly endanger those around him?

As Killian begrudgingly tutors Nina on all things shifter, their mutual curiosity flares into passionate need. Once they touch, once they succumb to desire, there is no going back. Killian realizes Nina is his mate and they both begin to comprehend the terror threatening those on their shifter-friendly island. He is forced to confront the tragedy in his family and determines to protect Nina at all costs.

But can they protect everyone they love from a cult of dangerous shifters, intent on horror and destruction?

Good morning!!  Today I have the fantastic Rosanna Leo here for an interview!  Her newest release is Predator's Fire, and I'm betting it is hot!  I've read Rosanna's book before, and they are always fantastic.  Have you read her, or this series?  Be sure to check it out, we also have an excerpt after the interview.  Thanks for stopping by!




Hello Rosanna!  Thanks for joining me!
Thanks for having me, Liz! It’s been a while since I’ve visited you and I’m thrilled to be here.

Your latest release, Predator’s Fire, is number 5 in the Gemini Island Shifters series.  If you had to describe this book in under 10 words, what would those words be?
Hot shifters, crazy cult members and animalistic sex. (8 words- nailed it!) LOL
Awesome!! LOL

Nina and Killian sound like a hot couple!!  How did their characters come to be? 
Thanks. So far, the response on this couple has been amazing. Killian Moon, my hero, was introduced in the Gemini Island Shifters series in book 3, Predator’s Refuge. We first saw him as friend to the heroine and potential rival to the hero. I knew, after giving a taste of his tragic history in that book, that I needed to make him a hero and give him some good lovin’ of his own. For him, I needed a strong woman with a good sense of self, but with some lovely awkward insecurity thrown in. Nina Suzuki was born. As I mention in my dedication, I wanted Nina to reflect the girls I knew growing up- fun women with real character, who’ve had to surmount obstacles. I threw these two together, and bang! The chemistry even caught me off guard. 

Can you tell us a bit about the series in general, for those who might be new to it? 
Sure! The Gemini Island Shifters series is set in the fictional community of Gemini Island, Ontario. Nestled in Northern Ontario’s woodland, the main setting is the Ursa Fishing Lodge and Resort, a resort that caters to shape shifters. Humans are not aware of its presence, and they certainly don’t realize shifters exist- at least, not in my world. The Ursa Lodge is owned and run by a bear shifter named Ryland Snow, the hero of book 1 Predator’s Kiss. The Ursa isn’t just a resort; it is also a place where teenaged shifters can get help, adjusting to their shifter abilities. Each book can stand alone, but my fans tell me you want to read them all so you get to see each hero mated, sometimes to unassuming human women. You will meet all sorts of shape shifters at the Ursa: bears, tigers, lynx, wolves, mountain lions and jaguars. They all live and work together in this unique place, and all have a hand in mentoring the teen shifters who arrive there needing help. 

Are there going to be more books after this one?
Yes, that is the hope. Book 6 will be a menage, featuring Killian’s red-hot brothers, jaguar shifters Percy and Byron Moon. And my readers have also demanded a book for Connor, a confirmed bachelor and mountain lion shifter.
Oooh, that definitely sounds hot!!

Are there any celebrities who might resemble Killian and Nina?
Good question! To be honest, I don’t tend to use celebrity photos as inspiration. I suppose, because I have such a clear picture in my head of what the characters should look like, I hesitate in referring to celebrities. Honestly, artist Lyn Taylor did an awesome job on my cover. She found models that were perfect for the roles. Models Scott Nova and Angelina Cavanaugh brought my characters to life.
Then they are definitely a sexy couple!

Aside from this series, do you have any other projects you are working on?
Always.  I am hard at work on the third book of my Orkney Selkies series. Fans have been asking for another sexy selkie for a while, and I longed to return to Orkney. I also have two contemporary romances coming out in the new year and am so excited. The Stand-In will be released by Liquid Silver Books in February. This is a story of a woman with a unique profession and the male reporter who is charged with telling her story. It’s fun and flirty and feel good. Then, in summer 2015, Samhain Publishing will release my edgy contemporary Vice. This one is set in the Las Vegas gambling world, and I’m really anxious to bring this one to my readers. I think they’ll love the conflict and the heat.

So we first interviewed in 2012.  Now, two years later, how are things different for you as an author now as compared to then?
Things are different, and in so many ways I never expected. I’m stronger as a writer, for one thing. Every book teaches me new skills. With over ten books under my belt now, I’m more confident and I think I’ve developed more of a thick skin, too. That’s so important for an author and for personal peace of mind. I’m happier, too. The kind of happiness that comes with seeing a job well done and knowing you’ve chosen the right path. There was a bit of uncertainty for me at the start, but I feel better now. I really feel as if writing is my vocation, so it’s wonderful to see readers gravitate to my work.

What’s the most interesting thing we would find in your purse??
LOL- nothing too interesting, I’m afraid. I carry a lot of tissue. That’s it. My wallet, my writing notebooks, keys, lipstick (my mother always said “Make sure you’re wearing a nice lipstick.”), and my spare tissues. I have dust allergies and am constantly blowing my nose. 
I feel your pain!  My allergies are killing me this season!

If you could have any other job in the world except awesome author, what would you pick? 
Well, if I were being practical, I’d say funeral director. No shortage of jobs there. However, if I could push the boat out, I’d say museum curator. Those people have such amazing knowledge.
Holy cow, that's quite a range on the spectrum - but I bet both of those would be very interesting, for sure!

Ok, that’s about it for today!  Thanks so much for coming back – I appreciate it!  
Thanks for having me at your awesome site, Liz. What a thrill!





“How much longer do I have to wait? I want to see Killian Moon. Now.”

The feminine voice, strangely soft despite its insistence, echoed deep in his being, awakening his jaguar. The great cat roared to life, turned toward the office and inhaled deeply. Its eyes flashed in interest.

In...recognition?

Killian breathed in at the same time, catching the scent of cherry blossoms through the door. The sweet perfume, mixed with human outrage, proved a heady distraction, making him forget why he was there. Shaking his head, he tried to dismiss the odd sensation as Ryland opened the door.

The door swung open and the first person he glimpsed was one of the clerks from reception, trying his hardest to placate the unexpected guest. “I’m sure Mr. Snow and Mr. Moon will be right back.”

And then his gaze landed on the petite human. Tapered Asian eyes, so dark and mysterious, but rimmed with circles of exhaustion. Smooth, cinnamon skin hinted at a mixed background. Wearing no makeup, she appeared younger than she must be, but her presence and keen eyes pegged her at around thirty years old. She had a riot of curly, black hair and feminine curves that ought to come with a warning. He could see it now. Beware: this woman’s body will cause insanity in men. Even as she gesticulated at the clerk, her boobs jiggled in such a way his throat went dry.

He pictured her in a corset, her breasts spilling over delicate lace edging, and almost forgot his name.
This Nina Suzuki was damn hot and his jaguar seemed to agree. The animal licked its lips, its golden gaze assessing and appreciating every detail, from her rounded hips to her come-hither rack.


Yes, the creature uttered on a frenzied breath.

Rosanna Leo is a multi-published, erotic romance author with Liquid Silver Books who lives and breathes paranormal romance. Several of her books about Greek gods, selkies and shape shifters have been named Night Owl Romance and Two Lips Recommended Reads. When not writing, she can be found haunting dusty library stacks or planning her next star-crossed love affair.  



Buy it!

Previous Posts on Fictional Candy