News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Hidden Bodies by Caroline Kepnes (Review)

Title: Hidden Bodies
Series: You #2
Author: Caroline Kepnes
Release Date: February 23, 2016 - Atria
Format: EGalley
Pages: 448 per Goodreads

Joe Goldberg is no stranger to hiding bodies. In the past ten years, this thirty-something has buried four of them, collateral damage in his quest for love. Now he’s heading west to Los Angeles, the city of second chances, determined to put his past behind him.

In Hollywood, Joe blends in effortlessly with the other young upstarts. He eats guac, works in a bookstore, and flirts with a journalist neighbor. But while others seem fixated on their own reflections, Joe can’t stop looking over his shoulder. The problem with hidden bodies is that they don’t always stay that way. They re-emerge, like dark thoughts, multiplying and threatening to destroy what Joe wants most: true love. And when he finds it in a darkened room in Soho House, he’s more desperate than ever to keep his secrets buried. He doesn’t want to hurt his new girlfriend—he wants to be with her forever. But if she ever finds out what he’s done, he may not have a choice...

Well finally.  Hidden Bodies.  I waited a long time for this book.  I read it last month, and I honestly loved it - with a few exceptions.

Joe.  Sigh.  I know I shouldn't love this psycho stalker murderer.  But I do.  It is what it is.  And so when he lost Beck in YOU, I was more than happy for him to find a new love.  Except then things... and stuff, happen.  We find Joe following her to California.  This was a very interesting twist, and at first I was on board.  It started out creepy and stalkertastic in all the best ways.

However, as time went on, and Joe got pulled into things like celebrity and jet-setting, I just couldn't identify with him as much.  What I do love is that you see Joe simultaneously unravel and heal all at once.  He is like a kaleidoscope of emotion and thoughts.  One woman leads to another, and this second one proves to be a force of nature in herself.

There are some characters I really didn't like in this book, and I was more than happy when they met their demise.  And while I felt out of place in the glitz and glamour of Hollywood, I was still happy to be there with Joe.

Hidden Bodies is an amazing book.  It's a terrific follow up to YOU. I can't recommend both books enough, especially if you like to tread on the dark and creepy side.


YOU on Goodreads
 Hidden Bodies on Goodreads

Caroline Kepnes on Goodreads
Twitter
Website
 Facebook


Buy It!
YOU on AMAZON
Hidden Bodies on AMAZON