News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Stepbrother Billionaire by Colleen Masters (Review)

Title: Stepbrother Billionaire
Series: Standalone
Author: Colleen Masters
Published: December 2014. Hearts Collective Publishing
Format: Amazon Lend
Pages: 327/Goodreads

I’ve hated him since middle school. 

The effortlessly popular, lacrosse superstar, beautiful, blue-eyed nightmare Emerson Sawyer. Funny thing is, he didn’t even know I existed until our senior year, when his mom started hooking up with my dad. 

Now he torments me in the hallways, calling me “Sis” whenever he gets the chance, relishing in the fact that I can’t hide my blushing whenever he’s around. Even though I can’t stand him, my body betrays me—and he loves it. 

Emerson and his mom just moved in with us, and as if crushing on him wasn’t weird enough, now our bedrooms share a wall. 

The sexual tension keeps building between us, but I know nothing can ever happen…especially now that our parents are engaged. I try to tell myself that I hate him, that he’s wrong for me, that we’ll never be together… 

So why did I agree to play Seven Minutes in Heaven at his girlfriend’s high school party? 

And why does Emerson suddenly have my panties in his hands?


Huh.  You know, I'm all on board with the latest craze of step-romances.  I've read some really good ones.  However, Stepbrother Billionaire left me wanting.  I just didn't connect with this book.



Abby has had a crush on Emerson forever.  Then their parents start dating.  Then Abby and Emerson realize they have feelings for each other.  As expected, everything blows up in their faces.  Their parents are only married for a moment, Emerson disappears.  They reunite eight years later.  And seriously, it happens that fast.

The problem I had with this book is that I just didn't feel the love, nor the heat.. not any tension, not any lust.  There was a lot of telling and not a lot of showing.  And when they came face to face, years later as adults, everything just seemed a bit convenient.  Through a lot of the book I didn't even care if these two ended up together.

There were a couple scenes that I did enjoy.  There were a few rare moments where they felt connected to each other, and that translated over the page.  But all in all, unfortunately this book just wasn't for me.


Buy It