News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Strange Neighbors - Ashlyn Chase



Title: Strange Neighbors (Strange Neighbors #1)
Author: Ashlyn Chase


Format read: Ebook, Amazon, Purchased myself.


From Goodreads:

He's looking for peace, quiet, and a little romance...
There's never a dull moment when hunky all-star pitcher and shapeshifter Jason Falco invests in an old Boston brownstone apartment building full of supernatural creatures. But when Merry MacKenzie moves into the ground floor apartment, the playboy pitcher decides he might just be done playing the field...
A girl just wants to have fun...
Sexy Jason seems like the perfect fling, but newly independent nurse Merry's not sure she's ready to trust him with her heart...especially when the tabloids start trumpeting his playboy lifestyle.
Then pandemonium breaks loose and Merry and Jason will never get it together without a little help from the vampire who lives in the basement and the werewolf from upstairs...



Ok, so this is a book I read a while ago, before Fictional Candy.  


This is my review on Goodreads:
This was a really fun book that I almost put down after the first couple chapters because of some corny aspects. I am so glad I didn't!! It turned out to be a very interesting read, with lovable characters. I found myself rooting and cheering (ok, that was internally) and sympathizing... without giving spoilers, I'd just say go ahead and read this if you would like something a little different. And bonus! Its part of a series! I can't wait to read the second book.


**************


Now after some time has passed, I can only say that this book hasn't left my mind.  I am constantly on the look for the rest of the series when I am book shopping.  I think I am just going to have to get it for my kindle.  But I think that says something, when you keep thinking about a series. 


This book was wacky.  Yes, wacky.  There were some really far fetched things.  But that's what we love about paranormal, right?  The fact that it is far fetched?  Ok, so maybe I believe in some of this stuff, but that's not something I am going to discuss right out here in the open.  Yet.


Anyhow, at this point its hard for me to get into some of the particulars, since its been a while since I read the book.  But I thought the twists in it were pretty unique.  I was shocked to see what kind of a shifter Jason is.  It certainly wasn't what I expected!  Which isn't to say I don't remember what happens, but I don't want to give away the secrets.  It's truly something you should read for yourself!





And everyone else who lives in this apartment building, lets just say that right there is a set up for some comical romantic mischief.  This book has it all.  Mystery, secrets, witches, ghosts, werewolves, shapeshifters, vampires, paparazzi! 


This was a light and fun book, it left me with a really good feeling.