News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Nobody Asked Me.... Minecraft and my daughter's favorite YouTubers



So Christmas is coming, really quick.  What are your children into?  My daughter is all about Minecraft.  She doesn't care about princesses and dolls, she wants pickaxes and swords.  It is definitely a Minecraft Christmas this year.  I've been shopping for plushies and miniature figures, and I'm even going to get her some clothes from some of her favorite Minecraft Youtubers.


Yep, because if you have a young Minecrafter in the family, odds are they watch YouTube.  So who do they like?  My daughter is all about Stampy (stampylonghead), Squid (iBallisticSquid), Pat (PopularMMOS), Jen (GamingWithJen), Dan at The Diamond Minecart (DanTDM) and Tiffy (ihasCupQuake).  I'll post some videos from these awesome people, and their links to follow. You should check them out.  They are fun and child-friendly!

So Minecraft and Youtube... I swear, it's addicting for the kids... and not just the kids.  I've found myself getting into them, too.  It's not just Minecraft videos.  These gamers post videos of other games (we love Spore, Sims, and Terraria), but you also get peaks into their lives, which is super cool that they do this.  I think, at least with these gamers, they realize that a lot of the viewers are small children, and they keep everything at a tame level.  As a mom, I really appreciate that.  My daughter is six, and she doesn't watch cartoons any more, just YouTube.  I love Stampy's infectious laugh, Squid saying "squidoodly", and Pat and Jen fighting it out with all the mobs.  Cupquake beating the heck out of her husband, Mario, in any game is always fun, too!

I doubt any of them will see this.  But I wish them all a very Merry Christmas.  Thank you for bringing my daughter countless hours of fun and joy, and I wish the very best for you.


YouTube
Facebook
Twitter


YouTube
Facebook
Twitter
Store


 Youtube
Epic Shirts
Facebook
Twitter

 YouTube
Twitter
Instagram


 YouTube
Facebook
Twitter
Store

YouTube
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram