News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Thursday, December 4, 2014

All I Need by Emily Goodwin (Review)

Title: All I Need
Series: Stay #2
Author: Emily Goodwin
Published: December 2, 2014
Format: Ebook received for review

“My life was hell, nothing but pain and darkness.

Every night I hoped I’d lay down to sleep and never wake up. I saw no reason to keep going. There was nothing for me, no promise of a better life. Every morning I woke up hoping this would be my last day.

Then I met her, and everything changed.”


Sold into slavery at a young age, Jackson Porter has known nothing but darkness until he is forced to kidnap a young woman with a fiery spirit who refuses to give up. Could she be all Jackson needs to awaken his dead soul? 

You met Jackson in Stay, now it’s time to hear his story.

Warning, this book is dark, graphic, and twisted at times.

 All I Need is Jackson's story, and it's a hell of a story.  Emily Goodwin has definitely proved she can write across several genres with ease.  If you haven't gotten into the Stay series yet, you need to pick it up.



In Stay we got the human traffiking side from Addie, a young woman who was kidnapped.  And well, you know about Jackson and Addie if you've read that book.  But now in All I Need shows Jackson's personal torment that he went through.

Honestly, he is a character I flip flop about.  I realize he was sold into slavery at a very young age, and hasn't quite grown and developed the way he should.  Not to mention that people who are kept isolated like such often have that fear of retaliating.  But he really had so many chances to escape, even before Addie, and he didn't take them.  He had no one for Nate and Zane to hurt, so there were a few times that it just puzzled me.

But it's a good thing that he stayed, because he and Addie turned out to be just what the other needed to get out.  Their feelings for each other develop in this highly unusual and intense situation, but I never doubt them being genuine. The best part is seeing the end of the story from Jackson's POV.  In Stay Addie kind of glossed over a lot, it was more of an epilogue.  But in All I Need, we get those blank spaces filled in.

If you like dark books, I really urge you to try this.  A lot of times we get them from the female perspective, but this is from a male slave's perspective, and it's really quite interesting.  I'm sure you will be as glued to the pages as I was.




Emily Goodwin is the international best-selling author of the stand-alone novel STAY, The Guardian Legacies Series: UNBOUND, REAPER, MOONLIGHT (releasing 2014), The Beyond the Sea Series: BEYOND THE SEA, RED SKIES AT NIGHT (releasing 2015) and The Contagium Series: CONTAGIOUS, DEATHLY CONTAGIOUS, CONTAGIOUS CHAOS, THE TRUTH IS CONTAGIOUS (Permuted Press). 

    Emily lives with her husband, daughter and German Shepherd named Vader. She has degrees in psychology and nursing. Along with writing, Emily enjoys riding her horse, designing and making costumes and Cosplay.

Find Emily Goodwin Online
Stay on Goodreads