News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Dirty Little Secret - 11-3-11


Dirty Little Secret is a weekly meme hosted by Under the Covers. Every Thursday we get to know other bloggers and our readers more intimately by asking them a question hoping to reveal their dirty little secrets. 

To participate in the meme all you need to do is:

1. Be a follower of Under the Covers.
2. Create a post in your blog taking the meme image and copy instructions (located at Under the Covers).
3. Answer the question they propose! This can be done in any way you like, post a video, write a post etc.
4. Then add your link at Under the Covers.



"Zombies are attacking your house! 
What do you grab first?"

Ok, for this I actually have two answers... 

Long range (ideal) situation:

Ok, this is not so much an "If" scenario, as a "when" scenario... And I'm stealing a couple ideas from my friend, Cara, who knows more about zombies than I do and has a terrific plan. 


But my plan is to wait at home til its safer to go out.  You can't just run out of the house like it caught fire.  I would pack as much as I could, cause my plan involves "procuring" a truck rather than my Grand Am.  I would pack as many toys, clothes, and food that I could.  I would take all my books, kindle (with approximately 1000 titles!) and my laptop.  Then I would spray paint my truck windows, cause I don't need anyone seeing whats inside.  Then it is off to the pharmacy to grab *everything* I can. Preferably a CVS or Rite-aid so I can also stock up on some foods and other necessities. Then I am off to a gas station to fill up.  Then I would head out to my family's house which is in a neighborhood that isn't quite rural but isn't suburban at all. On the way I would try to hit a Meijer or Walmart, one of those megastores that have it all. 


I would like to say I'd head to a mall, cause they do have everything and that would be awesome to live in a mall.  But there are just too many openings to monitor.  We've all seen Dawn of the Dead.  It doesn't end well for them.  


The main thing is to keep one vehicle stocked as full as possible in case you have to leave where ever you are at any time. 


Short range (Up The Creek) situation:
Obviously, I first grab my daughter.  Then my phone, keys, laptop if possible (alternate communication when cell towers are jammed), and whatever weapon I can get to.  Get the car and drive like hell.  Come back periodically to check on the house and put my Long Range plan (see above) into action!


What would you do????