News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Monday, June 18, 2018

All The Little Lights by Jamie McGuire (Review)

Title: All The Little Lights
Series: Standalone
Author: Jamie McGuire
Release Date: May 2018
Format: E-galley

The first time Elliott Youngblood spots Catherine Calhoun, he’s just a boy with a camera, and he’s never seen a sadder and more beautiful sight. Both Elliott and Catherine feel like outcasts, yet they find an easy friendship with each other. But when Catherine needs him most, Elliott is forced to leave town.

Elliott finally returns, but he and Catherine are now different people. He’s a star high school athlete, and she spends all her free time working at her mother’s mysterious bed-and-breakfast. Catherine hasn’t forgiven Elliott for abandoning her, but he’s determined to win back her friendship…and her heart.

Just when Catherine is ready to fully trust Elliott, he becomes the prime suspect in a local tragedy. Despite the town’s growing suspicions, Catherine clings to her love for Elliott. But a devastating secret that Catherine has buried could destroy whatever chance of happiness they have left.
I was very pleasantly surprised by this book.  I had read Jamie McGuire before, and loved her stories, but it had been a while.  I wasn't sure they would still hold the same magic for me.  But this one did!



What I think I liked most about this book is that I didn't guess right away what the secrets were. In fact, my very first guess was wrong.  It didn't hurt that Catherine and Elliott went from something young and innocent into an adult relationship.

Now for the mystery of the book, without spoilers!  I think it was a great twist, and not something I had seen before.  Furthermore, it was handled beautifully for such a sensitive subject.  It kept the mystery, and yet was very real.  Catherine is young and naive, and I believe she handled it realistically, but I do wish she had opened up to someone (or anyone) earlier.  But when the time came, and it really counted, she was honest.

As for Elliott.  Boy oh boy.  He's something else.  I love his passion.  I love his commitment.  I love how much he loves Catherine, and I would hope everyone in their life could be on the receiving end of such devotion.

All in all, I loved this book.  It had passion and fire, love and danger.  It had a bit of everything.

Follow Jamie McGuire Online 
Twitter
Goodreads 
Website 
Facebook

Pinterest
Other Posts on Fictional Candy
Review - Beautiful Disaster
Buy It!
All The Little Lights on AMAZON