News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Nobody Asked Me... Pantsing and Armor!


So here we are, another Sunday.  So glad you all could join me.  As I sit here, typing, I'm thinking "Holy Shit, I have no clue what I'm going to type about!" This is often how it is for me, when I'm writing up anything.  I'm very much a pantser when it comes to blogging.  I have a very loose schedule when it comes down to it.  Sure, the tours and stuff are there, but when it comes to anything else - I do it when I have time.  And this is working for me.  Last year I was scheduling one or two posts every single day.  And you know what happened?




Yep.  That happened.  If you google the words "Blogger Burnout"  you will get a bazillion different posts about how to battle it, how to get your mojo back, blogging ideas. Seriously - ideas wasn't my problem.  I just was tired of it.  And it showed.  

So now, I do what I want, when I want.  I'm getting to read more books that I actually want to read (and therefore LOVE), rather than ones I signed up for on tours because I felt like I had to fill space.  

But I'm still curious!!!!!

What do you guys like to see in blogs?  Do you come for the reviews, interviews, guest posts, editorials?  What is it?  How is it that some blogs out there have more followers and comments than I could count, while others are just nearly invisible?  Yes, we know, comment back, do this do that.  I dunno.  Sometimes I think it's just a stroke of luck. 

As for ye old Fictional Candy, I think my blog appeals to a smaller set of people.  I like to read dark stuff, whether it's romance, urban fantasy, or horror.  I think you can tell just from my header image that when you come to Fictional Candy, your time isn't going to be filled with hearts and roses...well, unless some sexy ass serial killer put them there.  

I'm ok with that. I've met some amazing people doing this.  Authors, bloggers, publicists, readers.  This book world on the internet is CRAZY big, and there is still room for more.  

And it occurs to me, that with my mindless rambling, it seems I wrote something after all. 

But hey, if you aren't a pantser, check out this November event, hosted by Herding Cats and Burning Soup.  It's the Blog Ahead event.  It sounds wicked awesome, and way more than I could ever do!!




Holidays to Celebrate This Week!!!

Today, November 9, 2014 World Freedom DayCelebrating the fall of the Berlin Wall

Monday, November 10, 2014Sesame Street DaySunny days, sweeping the clouds away....


Friday, November 14, 2014Pickle DayThe Best Thing To Happen To Cucumbers Since... well, ever. 


So what is the item for this week?  What is the item you NEED to HAVE in the APOCALYPSE???

Drumroll, por favor...

Let's go with.... CAT ARMOR!!!


That's right.  Protect your friend.  

And don't forget man's best friend.