News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Friday, August 29, 2014

She Wolf, by Elizabeth Morgan (Review)

Title: She Wolf
Series: Blood 0.5
Author: Elizabeth Morgan
Published: August 2014 (rerelease)
Format: Ebook received for review
Cover Art: Mina Carter

Dealing with the Rogue Werewolves terrorizing his Pack? 

Simple.

Trying to convince his mate he does want to be with her? 

Bloody impossible.

Owen MacLaren is the Alpha's son and the Pack's second, and he has never been one to let anything get to him. So when a bunch of Rogues begin purposely dumping mutilated bodies around the Pack Keep, he is more than ready to deal with the Werewolves responsible.

But one night off and a trip to a local strip joint for a colleague's stag night changes things, and Owen soon discovers he isn't immune to everything . . . .

Being an independent Loup and travelling the world? Easy.
Having to come home and face the Werewolf who broke her young heart? Challenging.

After five years away, Clare Walker finds herself back home in Scotland, working in a strip club. The tips are decent, and she gets to dance, but it isn't a place she thought she would ever be, let alone Owen, her Pack second and the mate she has always desired.

Although Owen is determined to prove he wants to be with Clare, things can't go smoothly between them, not when they have past issues to sort out and a bunch of unusual 'Rogues' to deal with.

Elizabeth Morgan is one of those authors who has the ability to write well across several genres (I actually have another book of hers I read and still have to post about, too, but that's another post for another day!)  Recently I read She-Wolf.  Actually, I read it very fast - I couldn't put it down.  It's the story of two wolves, Owen and Clare, and it was fabulous.



Owen is a wolf, but not any wolf.  He is second in command to his Alpha father.  He is the epitome of wolves.  Big, strong, sexy as hell, smart, and well, a bit of a playboy.  And hey, his eyes go silver, and I dare you to tell me that's not hot!  He's nearly 40, which is another aspect I loved.  It's great to see him as an older man, closer to my age.  He's seen and done all of his partying, and he's not done.  Well, that's what he thinks!  One fateful night at a bachelor party will prove him wrong.

And there she is.  Up on stage.  Smelling of flowers and all that is wonderful.... Clare.  She is part of his pack, he watched her grow up.  And apparently, he didn't know she was back in town after being gone for five years.  Immediately his wolf knows more than he does.  I get really excited when weres talk about how their wolf counterpart.  It is kind of like they are a separate being, but yet still the same person as them.  It's their true self, but forced to be hidden.  The wolf is the id. The wolf is the soul.  And the wolf wants what it wants, and that is exactly what turns me on to wolf stories.

And Clare... she's a feisty one.  She bared her heart once and was dealt with a harsh denial.  That's not something that is easily forgotten, and I really appreciated how she didn't just fall over for Owen.  She made the man work for it, even though they both knew in their hearts that mating was an inevitable end for them.  But what's great about Clare and Owen is that it isn't just what the wolves want.  They want it, too.  But still, she makes him work for it, and that is full of awesome.

There is also danger in the story.  There are rogue wolves murdering innocent people and leaving them on pack land.  The danger is is very real.  There is the risk of exposure on top of the safety concerns.  As pack second, Owen is very much invested into finding what is going on.  This added bit of excitement and mysterious really adds some heart thumping moments.

"Begging.  I was pretty much going to beg you to give me a chance."
She laughed.  "You, beg?  I doubt - "
"I would have," I promised.  "I would have got on my knees and begged you to give me a chance."
She held my gaze.  "Why?"
"Because you're Clare, and because I realized you're someone I couldn't imagine life without."
Her energy fluttered.
"You've always been a feisty female.  You make me laugh.  You're fun and caring.  You don't take shit off people, but you're not a hard-ass.  You listen.  You're honest.  You're talented.  You're still stubborn, and have a massive problem with authority but - "
"I do not," she protested.
I smiled softly. "Aye, flower, you do, but you don't always recognize it."

But hey - you want sexual tension, chemistry and heat?  Holy heck, you will get truckloads of it in She-Wolf.  The kisses... omigosh, the kisses!  I am a sucker for a hot kiss, and Elizabeth Morgan definitely delivers in spades. But even better than that, the love and connection between Owen and Clare is soul deep and tangible, and you feel that every step of the way.

So do I recommend She Wolf?  Whole-heartedly, yes!!  It's the first book in the Blood series, and I am so excited to see what happens next.  Within the next month or so I will have Cranberry Blood up for you all to check out, but in the meantime, I definitely suggest getting your hands on She Wolf!