News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Monday, October 7, 2013

Quote-Tastic: Wicked Thing (Angeline Kace)


Monday!  That's means it's Quote-Tastic time!  This feature was created by Anna at Herding Cats & Burning Soup so we can all share our favorite quotes with you!   So make your own post, or add your favorite to the comments.  And don't forget to check out the other awesome blogs on the linky too!


So today I read Wicked Thing by Angeline Kace.  I have a review tour stop coming up for it later this week.  I loved the book, read the whole thing today.  And while there were many quoteable moments, I'm choosing one of the heroine, Carmyn, with her best girl friend, Ava, as they have some fun in the water fountain at their school. The whole scene was just so much fun and it definitely reminded me of some of the lighter times with my own friends, although I definitely don't have a fountain to add to my night time resume.   Yet. 

"Help me up, hooker."  She reaches her hand out to me, but I'm hesitant to take it.

"Crawl over here.  It's less grimy this way."

"Bitch, I am not crawling.  Just help my ass up!" We're both laughing.

"You're the one who wanted to frolic in the fountain.  So frolic."

She does some ugly, half-body roll thing toward me.  "I'm a mermaid!"

"Oh God, no.  You see?  This right here is why I've avoided doing this with you for so long.  You are not a mermaid.  You don't even look nearly as badass as Ariel did.  You look more like a drunk, handicapped person.  Maybe even a drunk, handicapped person on 'shrooms."

She does it again. "How about now?" she asks, flinging her hair.

"Definitely not."  My best friend is a lunatic.  Hilarious, but insane in the membrane.

GOODREADS  ||||  AMAZON


So how about you?  Do you have one to share?