News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Monday, September 9, 2013

Review: Take Me by Diane Alberts


Title: Take Me
Series: Take A Chance, #4
Author: Diane Alberts
Published: August 26, 2013 - Entangled Ever After
Format: Ebook received for review

Married in the morning…

Professional heartbreaker Mike Worth thrived on the chase—and dancer Morgan Collins represented the ultimate prize. But there was no way he was going to throw away his single-man status…not even for an elusive redhead with sparkling eyes and mile-long legs. So how did he let one drunken Vegas night end with I do instead of hell no?

Morgan’s life revolved around her career and she had no intention of letting a man interfere—even if Mike made her question all her rules about love. At his urging, she reluctantly agreed to give their spur-of–moment marriage a chance. But once their trial-honeymoon ended, would she choose to follow the dance and leave her unforgettable husband behind?


Ok, I think this is the last book in the Take A Chance series, and it totally rocked! It went out with a bang, and if you’ve read any of this series you MUST read this one. The epilogue alone was freaking fantastic, and then you get the story of Mike and Morgan. This couple is something else, I tell ya! Now I’ve read three out of four of these books, somehow I skipped book two. Either way, I don’t think you’d be terribly lost to read these as a standalone, but I think they absolutely rock as a series in order.

Mike is the guy we got to know a little bit in the last book, Play Me. He was a bit of a jerk, but in a playful way. Anyhow, you get to know him as the player. Mike is never going to get tied down with a woman. He even has a whole stoplight theory on how to be with a woman, and let me just say it’s an eye opener. Right away I was excited to know he was going to get his ass and his heart handed to him in this book.

Morgan is a dancer, but not a stripper! Unfortunately this is not a clarification Mike has before he opens his big mouth. Well, Morgan is also a bit of a firecracker, and a little stand-off turns into a drunken night of fun and that leads to… well, marriage.

He stopped at the red light and leaned closer, his lids drifting shut.  She closed the rest of the distance between them, and he kissed her, his tongue playing with hers in seconds.  As she clung to him and returned the kiss, she couldn't help thinking that if she needed help with anything, it would be learning how to keep him at arm's length.

Teach me how to keep my heart safe, before I lose it. 

There are so many fun sparring type situations in this book. Mike and Morgan definitely go head to head and its awesome. And then their make up sex, omg, its awesome too! I think they are probably my favorite couple in the series, they were just so much fun. I mean, you see someone, your attracted, you bicker, you make up, you have some drinks, and then wake up the next morning and your married. Awwwesome! And you get some cameos from previous couples, and that’s always fun.

So this series is really quick. Depending on how fast you read, it’s a one or two sitting read, generally. But Diane Alberts really packs it in during those pages. Every book is filled with drama and some super hot sex. And I love how she makes these men so up front about being in love with the heroines. The men are persistent, and it just makes me want to cheer. Vegas is the perfect setting for the whole series, but this book especially. Let me just say one thing, and you’ll get it after you read it, but I fucking love it.

And you will too!


Previous Posts on Fictional Candy


Find Diane Alberts Online