News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Cross Post Review - Anna @ Readit Blogit - Prime Time by Jane Wenham


A big thanks to Liz here at Fictional Candy for letting me cross post my review on her fantastic website!
I'm Anna and I run Readit..Blogit.. I was only just sent Prime Time to review but once I picked this book up I couldnt put it down you'll see why!



Prime Time by Jane Wenham-Jones
Source: Review copy from Lucy Felthouse
Links: Goodreads, Amazon

|SYNOPSIS|

A British romantic comedy by Jane Wenham-Jones, author of 'Perfect Alibis'.

Laura Meredith never imagined herself appearing on TV– she’s too old, too flabby, too downright hormonal, and much too busy holding things together for her son, Stanley, after husband, Daniel, left her for a younger, thinner replacement.

But best friend Charlotte is a determined woman and when Laura is persuaded on to a daytime show to talk about her PMT, everything changes. Suddenly there’s a camera crew tracking her every move and Laura finds herself an unlikely star. Wined, dined, and pampered, she begins to see the charms of a younger partner herself. But as things hot up between her and gorgeous TV director, Cal, they’re going downhill elsewhere. While Laura’s caught up in a heady whirlwind of beauty treatments, makeovers and glamorous film locations, Charlotte’s husband, Roger, is concealing a guilty secret, Stanley’s got problems at school, work’s piling up, and when Laura turns detective to protect Charlotte’s marriage, things go horribly wrong.

The champagne’s flowing as Laura’s prime time TV debut looks set to be a hit. But in every month, there’s a Day Ten

 'Summery from Goodreads' 

|My take|

 Fantastic, I've never read anything by Jane Wenham-Jones but I definitely will be looking to read another book of hers! Humour within the book had me chuckling more than once and who doesnt love a good laugh after a long day at work! Me for sure, there is nothing better than coming home grabbing my jim jams and curling up with a coffee and my kindle..

I found it easy to engage with the characters and although Laura has her faults I found myself wanting everything to work out for her! The rest of the characters were totally down to earth and I really felt I could connect and relate to them, they totally just rounded off the book nicely! Another thing not too many characters sometimes a book can have loads and I just get confused it's all too much for my head lol!
I liked the humour within and the fact that Jane still included some serious real life issues that we can all relate to in one way or another.
Overall I couldn't put this book down or should I say my kindle, gotta love ebooks of all kinds!  I found myself just starting and then finishing and wishing there was more. Grab this book and give it a try you seriously won't regret it!!

 I give this book 4/5

Happy reading
Anna =)