News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Catherine Cavendish - Interview (Dark Avenging Angel)

Dark Avenging Angel
Catherine Cavendish

Don’t hurt Jane. You may live to regret it.

Bullied by her abusive father, Jane always felt different. Then the lonely child found a friend in a mysterious dark lady who offers her protection—a lady she calls her “angel”. But that protection carries a terrible price, one to be paid with the souls of those Jane chooses to suffer a hideous and eternal fate.

When Jane refuses to name another victim, the angel reveals her most terrifying side. Payment must be made in full—one way or the other.

Good morning!  I'm so excited to share an interview I did with author Catherine Cavendish today!  I'm reading this book right now, and I'll have a review within the next couple days.  It's really good and super creepy, and I can't wait to tell you all about it!





Hi Cat! How are you? Thanks for chatting with me today!
I’m fine thanks, Liz. Great to be here!

You have a new release, Dark Avenging Angel. If you could describe this book in…. say, 5 words, what would they be?
Five words? I’m struggling here but let’s go for… “Don’t hurt Jane - or else…” 
Oooh, good choice!

This book sounds super creepy! How did this idea come to you?
I’ve always been fascinated by the whole subject of revenge. Not that I intend to carry out any myself, you understand! But I think there is a desire in most of us to root for the underdog and see the ‘villain’ get his comeuppance at the hands of his victim. That was really where the idea for Dark Avenging Angel sparked from.

I love the cover on Dark Avenging Angel, it drew me in even before I read the blurb. Who designed it?
A highly talented artist called Kelly Martin – one of a team of brilliant cover artists at Samhain

You write a lot of horror books, and they are fabulous. Which one is your favorite?
That’s a difficult one because they are all a part of me! The Pendle Curse is special to me though because it went through a number of incarnations before it became the book it is today – and because some if it is based on true events – although, needless to say, I have (coughs) adapted them.

I saw on Goodreads that you say your home is haunted! That’s pretty exciting, and maybe a little scary? Can you tell us anything about that?
Funnily enough, it’s not all that scary because this spirit seems to be quite nurturing. Local people think she may be the ghost of a lady called Miss Edwards who ran a haberdashery shop and lived on the premises in the early years of the last century. The building itself dates back to the mid eighteenth century so it’s possible. My husband has experienced more tangible activity than I have. He has heard footsteps outside the bathroom when no one was there and heard a woman’s voice say ‘Hello’ to him on the landing when he was alone.

We have both experienced coming home, after being away for a few days, and finding the light and the TV switched on in the living room when we know they were switched off before we left. She’s done this sort of thing a few times and it feels like a welcome home. One strange incident involving the washing machine did send a shiver up my spine though. The dispenser drawer was pulled right open when a load was running – even though it was closed when I put the laundry on and couldn’t have opened so far without a really sharp tug.


Do you have any other works in progress that you could share with us?
My next novel for Samhain comes out in April. It’s called The Devil’s Serenade, and takes place in a Gothic, rambling house, where old, long suppressed memories begin to emerge from the shadows and threaten both the life and the soul of my main character.

I am also currently working on a novel set in Vienna (Austria), mainly in 1913. It’s called Wrath of the Ancients and concerns an ancient curse and a very strange character called Dr. Emeryk Quintillus.


Thanks so much for joining me today! I can’t wait to share Dark Avenging Angel with everyone!
Thank you for inviting me, Liz. I’ve really enjoyed it.


Following a varied career in sales, advertising and career guidance, Cat is now the full time author of a number of paranormal, ghostly and Gothic horror novels, novellas and short stories. She was the 2013 joint winner of the Samhain Gothic Horror Anthology Competition, with Linden Manor, which features in the anthology What Waits in the Shadows.  Her novels, The Pendle Curse and Saving Grace Devine are also published by Samhain. Her latest novella – Dark Avenging Angel – will be followed by her next novel – The Devil’s Serenade – in April 2016.



Previous Posts on Fictional Candy

Buy It!