News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Review: Full Throttle by Erin McCarthy

Title: Full Throttle
Series: Fast Track #7
Author: Erin McCarthy
Published: December 3, 2013 - Berkley Publishing
Format: Print copy received from Berkley for review (Thank you!)

Easing into the turns…

As one of only two girls on the tween racing circuit, Shawn Hamby has always run with a fast crowd. But now at thirty-two, she doesn’t need to prove anything to anyone. And she definitely doesn’t need a man bossing her around off of the track…

Putting the pedal to the metal…

But after a silly girls’ night at a fetish club, Shawn can’t get Rhett Ford out of her mind. He’s younger than her, and he’s her best friend’s brother-in-law, which should be red flags. Rhett is looking for someone to lead in bed, but he can’t imagine that Shawn would ever submit to him. Boldly surrendering is more her style. And with Rhett behind the wheel, it’s going to be one wild ride…


If you’ve ever read an Erin McCarthy book, you are probably an Erin McCarthy fan. I’m sure of it. I’ve read a couple of her books now, and she’s one of those authors that I don’t even have to read the blurb, it’s just an automatic read. So when the opportunity to read Full Throttle came up, I was ready. Full Throttle is part of the Fast Track series. It’s a series about hot men, hot women, and something that I love – racing.


So holy cow, where do I start? Ok, the heroine. Shawn Hamby. Shawn is the current owner of Hamby Race Track, left to her by her grandfather after he passed. She’s been involved in the sport her whole life, in one way or another. She’s a tough woman, and I love that. I know I probably say that all the time, but who really wants to read about some sissified version of a woman when you have this strong and independent woman before you? Shawn is awesome, I love her.

Rhett Ford, ahhh… he’s a wonderful man, for sure. He is strong and sexy, with a bit of a dominant streak; a playboy until he meets Shawn. I love how demanding Rhett is, how he knows who he is and what he wants, until he realizes that what he wants is something he never wanted before. Shawn turns him and his world upside down, and he does the same for her.

Now, there’s a big secret here in this book, and I’m not going to be the one to spoil it for you. But the way that Shawn and Rhett are thrown together is just priceless, and it is definitely a great storyline. Rhett is the big fat cat, and Shawn is the sexy little mouse. Only sometimes, Shawn thinks it’s the other way around. She is completely wrong.

As for the rest of the story, it’s a fast read. I mean seriously, I think I read this book in one day. I loved every single page. Erin McCarthy really has a way of bringing you into the story and not letting you go. You don’t really see any racing in this book, but the racing theme is still very prominent. But even without the actual races happening, you definitely feel the adrenalin that these characters having brimming just below the surface.

He lifted his mouth and looked down at her, his head framed by her thighs.  “Say my name again, “ he told her urgently. “Scream it.”

“Rhett,” she said, struggling to keep her eyes open.  “Oh!” she said involuntarily, when he plunged his tongue into her again.

His movements stopped and she whimpered.

“Louder.”

“Rhett!” she called out, the name half plea, half question.  It sounded electric to her, ringing in the quiet room, an embarrassing burst of her succumbing to him, to the needs of her body.

But it clearly wasn’t that loud, because he lifted his mouth again and used one finger to pinch her ass cheek.  “Say it like you mean it.  Don’t be ashamed, Shawn.  Scream for me.”


So that brings me to my favorite subject – HEAT. Holy mother of carburetors, this book packs in some heat. Rhett and Shawn get it on in such a freaking sexy and hot way, I was left panting at the end of each scene. And luckily, they are a bit like rabbits, so you definitely get your fill. The sexual tension is so thick between them; I believe it’s actually visible. These two have turned into one of those couples I could read over and over again, happily.

So if you are a fan of romance, sports romance, new adult romance, contemporary romance… any of those, really, I think this book would be a good fit for you. Erin McCarthy even injects a healthy dose of humor and smart ass, which is always appreciated by myself. I think it was outstanding, I loved every minute.

Find Erin McCarthy Online

Previous Posts on Fictional Candy
Full Throttle