News!

NEW Email
fictionalcandy@yahoo.com

****Comments have been disabled on posts****

**** I have not updated links since switching from fictionalcandy.com to fictionalcandy.blogspot.com The best way to review old posts at this time in in Desktop View (link at bottom of this page) and then using the post archive located on the right-hand sidebar of the page***

Thank you!

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Review: Down To You by M Leighton


Title: Down To You
Series: The Bad Boys #1
Author: M Leighton
Published: September 2012
Format: Ebook, personal purchase
Tour: No

The scorching tale of one girl, two brothers and a love triangle…that’s not. Olivia Townsend is nothing special. She’s just a girl working her way through college so she can return home to help her father run his business. She’s determined not to be the second woman in his life to abandon him, even if it means putting her own life on hold. To Olivia, it’s clear what she must do. Plain and simple. Black and white. But clear becomes complicated when she meets Cash and Nash Davenport. They’re brothers. Twins.

Cash is everything she’s always wanted in a guy. He’s a dangerous, sexy bad boy who wants her in his bed at any cost. He turns her insides to mush and, with just one kiss, makes her forget why he’s no good for her. Nash is everything she’s ever needed in a guy. He’s successful, responsible and intensely passionate. But he’s taken. Very taken, by none other than Marissa, Liv’s rich, beautiful cousin. That doesn’t stop Olivia from melting every time he looks at her, though. With just one touch, he makes her forget why they can never be together.


Black and white turns to shades of gray when Olivia discovers the boys are hiding something, something that should make her run as far and as fast as she can. But it’s too late to run. Olivia’s already involved. And in love. With both of them. Both brothers make her heart tremble. Both brothers set her body on fire. She wants them both. And they want her. How will she ever choose between them?

My friend, Naomi, from Nomi’s Paranormal Palace has raved about M. Leighton and her writing. So when I read the blurb for this book, and paired with that fantastic cover – I bought it. Well, I was just recently able to read it and I am completely in love with it!

Olivia doesn’t see herself as anything spectacular, especially in the shadow of her cousin Marissa, whom she lives with. But she knows she’s not the bottom of the barrel either. Right away I liked her, she seemed like a fun loving girl, very relatable. And one night while she is out at a friend’s bachelorette party, she mistakes a man for a stripper, and begins to strip him. Hey, who hasn’t done that, right?? Ladies, meet Cash.

Cash let her think it, because hey, when there’s a hot pistol of woman taking your shirt off you don’t argue. This is just the beginning of Cash’s bad boy-ness. He is a whole new can of worms plus a side of fries. Ok, maybe that’s a bad combo. And that’s exactly how Olivia views her and Cash, a bad combo.

But then she meets Nash. No, not a typo, my friends. Cash and Nash are twins. This is also my dream come true, because if one hot man is good, two are definitely better. Cash is the bad boy, and Nash is the good guy. And Olivia wants them both. Heck, I want them both.

The story itself is much like Olivia: feisty and sexy. I stayed up until the wee hours so I could finish reading it, and as soon as I was done I bought the next one. There is a TON of oh-so-wonderful hot sexy action. Hint: Don’t read this book at night because you will get a Charlie horse in your leg from curling your toes! There are also a bunch of surprises, and I totally didn’t see them coming. I was totally thinking it was going to be one thing, and then BOOM! No way, something way different. And its this point in my review that you wonder what the heck I am talking about, right? Well, you will just have to read the book to find out. But trust me, you will thank me when you are done.


Find M Leighton Online
Facebook

Have you read any books of M Leightons?  I have a couple on my kindle now, but I'd love to hear some recommendations!  Or better yet, have you read this one??  NO spoilers!!!